Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best aftermarket exhaust for an `08 450x? I tried to search but didn't get what i wanted.. I'm looking for performance gain not how loud it is... thanks in advance

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would get the Ron Wood pipe w/ the discs. I just got a HMF slipon, it makes good power but is loud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What about the fmf 4.1 full system w/ megabomb? Is it gonna be better?

·
Registered
459 Posts
What about the fmf 4.1 full system w/ megabomb? Is it gonna be better?

I read that set up made less power than a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
MOTOWORKS BABY!!! 2HP OVER ROSSIER!!!! BOOOYAAA HAHAHAHA. add it with a motoworks programmer and filter and your GOLDEN ANGEL TITTIES!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.

Just purchased an 08 DS450 completely stock. I'm looking to get a new exhaust system for it and was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the titanium Yoshimura pipe. I'm also considering the Motoworks system so any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
323 Posts
the ron woods probably makes more power than the motoworks. driver's test were done on two different bikes, two different days, and two different set ups. so that's really not an accurate comparison between the two pipes.

ron woods, no box w/ k&n, and pc3.
motoworks, holes in the box w/ fuelatv filter, and motoworks fmi.

the motoworks makes two more hp up top over the rossier. how often are you over 7k rpm other than on the track or drag racing? the rossier pulls the same gap in the middle that the motoworks pulls up top. driver did say he could bring the mid up the the motoworks w/ pc3, though. the rossier also makes more torque. i personally think the motoworks is the better pipe, not because it makes 1.8 more hp up top, because it's way quieter, you have a spark arrestor, and it looks better. the rossier is not a total bust like some are making it out to be.

·
Registered
477 Posts
if you lined up a bike with a motoworks vs a bike with a rossier i dont think you could tell a 1.8hp difference....ron woods,motoworks, and rossier are all pretty close

·
Registered
224 Posts
no on the yoshi. motoworks with fmi and filter is the best.
ive never even seen anybody on these forums with a yoshimura pipe on a ds450, i wonder wut it would put out??

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
i didnt like my yoshi on my old bike..just didnt seem....right? i dunno...sounded funny, fit funny, performance was so-so...swapped it with a pro-circuit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i would go with the motoworks sr4 i have this pipe on my ds, i have tryed a bunch of different pipes on my ds i've tryed yoshi, fmf, rossier, ron woods, leo vince, hmf, and motoworks and i found that motoworks worked the best and i felt that fmf lost a noticable bit of power i was not impressed with fmf, ron woods was a decent pipe. i'd say motoworks is your best bet

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok so im lookin at the hmf or the ron woods. im looking for better power. sound is no issue since i spend most of my ridin at the dunes. the louder the better ;)

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
duno....if no ones reviewed it...its probably for a reason. motoworks is a great pipe at a decent price, hmf is also pretty good, rossier and ron woods are rated pretty high...id stick with those. let yoshi play on yfz's...this bike deserves better. haha

·
Registered
79 Posts
i've tested a yoshi i did not like it at all didn't notice any power gain, and it didn't sounds good either

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone have the FMF Factory 4.1 exhaust yet? I had just bought a slip-on for mine but havn't put it on yet. Just curious if anyone has it yet?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts