Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off all ouch.... Front left fender man handled back into position....

Anybody else having false neutral issues?? I'm sure it has to do with the clutch . Has a solution out for clutch noises? Sometimes as well when In low first starting off feels like something catches and bike quits any ideas?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Mine had the same problem, I replaced the shift pawls and got the 09' clutch update. The updated shift pawls have a slot machined in them to prevent the springs from popping out. Heres a pic of the new ones.
420 257 820.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much did the 09 update cost? im not engine type of guy (newb if you will). although i have done the clutch on my old honda 450 and was not bad. I this something an average joe can do?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any good websites for seeing updates and stuff?

·
Registered
323 Posts
i got mine done for free, parts & labor. it would have been $330 if i paid for it. i would definitely get it done before it breaks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
They told me it would of cost me $1200 in parts. They gave me a work order with a long list of parts. Robbie did you also get the new clutch cover too?

·
Registered
323 Posts
ya, i got hub, cover, plate, and some other random things. the hub is 65.99. the cover is 122.49. the plate is 9.99. i even got a free oil change out of the deal, lol.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I guess since mine blew up more parts had to be replaced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts