Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey i was at glamis thursday-sunday and was wondering if anyone knows someone with a ds650 that has a 720 kit with NOS? we had a couple real good drags friday. cant believe i kept up with him!

think he was local....at least south western states. came in a tent so im assuming he didnt come from far.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude your telling me? i was stoked! the second we lined up again he started making excuses like o well the bottles running low and oops i missed a shift, so like the third pass out i started maybe 4 quads back and ended about the same. had a polished extended arm, HIDs, and some dual exhaust runnin out the side. thing looked wicked, but i was thinkin it mightve been his first time out or something cuz theres no way i shouldve even been near him. although i did hook up like crazy with the paddles...i guess the pipe and programmer really do help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That some crazy stuff man. Maybe he didnt know what he was doing. lol. What kinda paddles are you running? Yeah the DS really wakes up with a few simple mods. its a fast bike mainly because its so light compared to most bikes. Long live the DS! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
how do you like them? i have a set of 20x11x9 ITP sand stars. and a set of 20x11x9
8 paddle haulers. I havent tried the sand stars. The haulers are real light and float well. they hook well also. give them a try if you havent.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i love the sand stars and hate them. since theyre chevroned with v-paddles, i cant slide around for crap, cuz they hook up everytime i turn. its great for the day in the dunes and big soft bowls if im chasing buggies, but at the drags theyre the best i think, cuz the paddles are super beefy, plus besides the 8(i think) regular paddles, they have another eight mini paddles between each larger paddle. just wish i had gotten the larger ones. i had haulers on my banshee and 250R and kinda wish i got those...but like i said its a love/hate relationship.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah i noticed that the sand stars hook really well when trying to slide the rear around. i guess your right about the love hate realtionship. lol. but i think the Haulers are a love love realtionship. :)

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea...only reason i even got the sand stars was last thanksgiving i went to glamis with knobbies, (that lasted for one ride before i got sick of sinking), then went to the sand mall and thats all they had on rims that would fit my quad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts