Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who heres all heading to the gncc ironman? Im headn down it will be my first shot in a gncc race. hoping for the best. was talking to zach zakowski today and he said leave all common sense at home. i thinkn im in over my head :suicide:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Have fun man. What class are you running?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have fun man. What class are you running?
Plannin on 16-19C ill be 20 a week after so barely making that class lol my friend tryn to convince me to bump up to b and race in the pm but i doubt that will happen

·
Registered
226 Posts
The am race is fun and you can watch the pro's race.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The am race is fun and you can watch the pro's race.
Thats what my plan was. Only thing is this past weekend i raced B in my local series soooo technically i should have to race B in gncc. Hope i sneak bye...SHHH

·
Registered
226 Posts
You can always run Sportsman A-B. They don't score points or in the overall but you are not messing up anyone elses points and you're still stayin in class. But even if you run C you will be fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
they dont take the time to look at what you run in your district. just take your time and ride smart! its a 2 hour race and it can get wild

·
Registered
994 Posts
they dont take the time to look at what you run in your district. just take your time and ride smart! its a 2 hour race and it can get wild
True, just about everybody races down a class down here, even the bike guys.
Plus, it's a 2 hour plus a lap! Probably a WHOLE LOT more entrants than you are used to in local series so the course gets tough. I know down here in Fl it's like everybody in the GNCC dreads our course because it gets so tore up, rooted and whooped from the big numbers of racers. A good attitude is to go out there and just finish, you might be surprised how well ya do.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah my local series is pretty small compared to this so it will be alot different. plus an extra half hour compared to what i usually do so that should mix things up a bit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i raced in 09? we didnt do ironman hill because we were racing backwards.. i got stuck 3 out of 4 laps. it was intense. 500 in the am class and 500 in afternoon classes so yeah 1000 bikes for 2 hours... it is WILD. i was told that if you race afternoon and dont get passed by 3rd lap by pros then your doing good... it was 3 1/2 is laps and i finally got passed by borich and ballance. it was awesome to see them go by!!! never been so happy to get passed!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
i raced in 09? we didnt do ironman hill because we were racing backwards.. i got stuck 3 out of 4 laps. it was intense. 500 in the am class and 500 in afternoon classes so yeah 1000 bikes for 2 hours... it is WILD. i was told that if you race afternoon and dont get passed by 3rd lap by pros then your doing good... it was 3 1/2 is laps and i finally got passed by borich and ballance. it was awesome to see them go by!!! never been so happy to get passed!!!
A lot of the pros come to FL during their offseason and race our series (FTR) . I hate to admit but it's the only time it feels cool to get lapped. Gives ya a real idea of how fast those guys are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts