Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't forget to grease your nipples boys! ya don't have to do it after every ride, but it doesn't hurt to grease your a-arm bearings frequently... especially if you pressure wash!

And don't forget to stand your quad up and grease the rear swingarm and linkage too! cheap insurance.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
hey how come every time i stand the thing up gas pours out EVERYWHERE. like the ca doesn't seal or something...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the fuel coming out of the breather tube or is it coming out between the actual threads? It shouldnt really leak out excessively unless the cap or the fuel tank neck threads are stripped???

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
i think its the threads. i tried the ol wheelie into the bed of the truck to get it on its back, and it pours out when vertical. had to get the ramps out instead. which was weird cuz when i launch it ill get it pretty straight up and down sometimes and nothing happens then....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol. maybe when your straight up and down launching it ya got more things going through your head than losing gas lol. . . ya it sounds like the threads may be a little stripped. I've seen it happen on a few different bikes when the cap is tightened too tight. alot of the time the threads on the cap strip out before the gas tank neck threads so you would just have to replace the cap instead of the whole tank.

·
Registered
323 Posts
mine does the same thing, comras. mine is coming out the tube on the gas cap.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
o. well as long as i keep it on all fours its not a problem. jsut wondering. ill pick up a new cap then.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rubber side down!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts