Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my new ds 450 and I have had mi first "issue". After a two hours riding, on the way home, mid throt. (It's legal to drive over roads) it just died... I push the starter, and it went as if nothing happened...?
Is that normal?

Also I would like to know if someone has a Leo Vince exhaust...would be a good option?

Thank you all for the help.

Rgds.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That doesn't sound normal, does your quad have any mods? I would take the quad back to the dealer and have them check it out. I heard that the Leo Vince exhaust are high quality and are quiet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That doesn't sound normal, does your quad have any mods? I would take the quad back to the dealer and have them check it out. I heard that the Leo Vince exhaust are high quality and are quiet.
Thanks for the advice, it doesn't has any mods...I've used it for 7 hours so far (Only two after first service)...

I wonder how the leo vince sounds on a DS, and that's why I doubt... I heard the HMF and I kinda like it....

For sure I need something to kill my buddy's FMF euiped Outlaw.

kind regards.

·
Registered
224 Posts
lol my buddy has a fmf outlaw and i beat him everythime with my hmf ds450!! o ya baby

my hmf ds is sooo much louder than his fmf outlaw

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol my buddy has a fmf outlaw and i beat him everythime with my hmf ds450!! o ya baby

my hmf ds is sooo much louder than his fmf outlaw
Hey That's what I'm Talking about!

Did you have to check the EFI after installing the HMF? Or let me put it this way: Is it necessary to adjust the EFI When you're using any slipon??

·
Registered
459 Posts
I got a HMF slipon, Velocity filter, no lid, pink wire cut and it runs great. I'm plannnig on getting a Power Commmander 5 soon and it should pick up a couple more hp.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a HMF slipon, Velocity filter, no lid, pink wire cut and it runs great. I'm plannnig on getting a Power Commmander 5 soon and it should pick up a couple more hp.
Dude! that sounds like a few bucks... specially when you leave out of the US...

I can't wait to hear my quad with a performance exhaust...

Thank you all for the help.

Regards.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
thats like under a grand worth of stuff...hell thats under 500 not including the programmer

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats like under a grand worth of stuff...hell thats under 500 not including the programmer
Well I wish it was... Down here I have to pay like 550 only for the slipon... then the rest (Actually the guy from BRP told me he could get me the HMF for only 650 bucks!!! isn't that cheap!!!! (I guess he's including his flight ticket...)

·
Registered
79 Posts
man i can get a brand new hmf for 300 i'm happy i live in canada lol, but look into motoworks they are a very good pipe i have a motoworks sr4 on my ds along with a race ecm and a few other things but it just rips!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
man i can get a brand new hmf for 300 i'm happy i live in canada lol, but look into motoworks they are a very good pipe i have a motoworks sr4 on my ds along with a race ecm and a few other things but it just rips!!!!!!!!!
That might be an option.... but Motoworks slipon would cost me ab.610USD....Dude, I'm thinking already in opening my own store...it maybe a good business...

don't you think...?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
hahaha yea you could definitely get a discount that way! if you want to save a couple bux try looking for some used pipes. i think driver311 had a full motoworks carbon system for sale. and rowland i think had a rossier for sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts