Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi ppl,

A message from a wet and windy country in Europe.
I started this hobby with a Honda Rincon TRX680 07 six months ago.

Unfortunalety, I had an accident with it on a hill, and broke my twist badly (surgery etc): couldn't ride my quad for several months :kater:

But still, I like quads, and I'm about to exchange my Rincon for a DS450X (The DS450X doens't hurt that much when it rolls over you).
The deal must be made yet, but as the Rincon is in a very good shape, I can say it should not be a problem. (I have to add +/-500 euro)

I was hesitating because of the lack of a reverse (I do not do races (yet?), only some rides, playing around) and the fact I cannot take anyone with me on the bike. But the DS450X does have nice options I can't let go.
The European version does have a BRP multifunctional speedometer, street legal tires (mmhh?) and the mandatory stuff like a horn & flashing lights.

I hope I'm doing the right thing: the look of the bike is fantastic (i prefer the round headlights of the 2008 version tho).

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
sounds like a plan man! good luck with the bike! i dont know about the euro versions but in the states our 08's had a couple recallse/updates so if you go with an 08 make sure you get those taken care of as they can be quit pesky problems later

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like a plan man! good luck with the bike! i dont know about the euro versions but in the states our 08's had a couple recallse/updates so if you go with an 08 make sure you get those taken care of as they can be quit pesky problems later
That's not an issue, I will get a brand new 2009 version.

(only the 2008 version got round headlights, isn't it?)

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
yea the 2008 has round lights, but i think someone on the forum was saying their 2009 didnt have the update and that it depended on when it was manufactured. just look out for it thats all

·
Registered
323 Posts
ya, some of the 09s need the clutch update. good luck w/ the bike. i wish my ds was street legal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok, good point to look after.
I will ask the dealer about the clutch.

R0wland, can't you make the mods to get the bike on the road?
It seems that the european DS are adapted by BRP, so it should be quite decent.

Only issue is that I will not be able to cross with the provided tires.

·
Registered
323 Posts
quads aren't legal to drive on the road where i live.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's not cool...
But at least, you have plenty of room to make some nice runs.

In Holland, we got roads, roads, and again roads. Nature here is strictly protected, so there is little room to play.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's not cool...
But at least, you have plenty of room to make some nice runs.

In Holland, we got roads, roads, and again roads. Nature here is strictly protected, so there is little room to play.
last time my ds touched a road i got $400 fine and 2 court dates... and cops watch my hose like crazy... it sucks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the oposite situation compared to Holland.
Leave the road, and you get yourself in trouble.
Even on the road, the quad must be 100% street legal, with all the papers and assurance & driver license, or the ride will not last very long, and the bike can be confiscated...

Maybe there are some spots where you can run trough the woods or dunes, but not many as far as I know.

It's killing for the cross enthusiasts (motor, quad or 4x4, and even mountainbikes!). We are asking for legal cross tracks, but we got maybe 5 or 6 official tracks in the whole country!!!!!!

But I found some places like construction sites where I can get my doses of adrenalin. :fingersx:

·
Registered
323 Posts
i have endless places to ride where i'm at. i still would like to have a street legal quad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts