Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my HMF slip-on and the air filter today. That slip-on is a pain in the ass to get on. I will give it another try in the morning. Any tips would be a big help. Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
Mine was a bitch too, I just muscle it on. How does that k&n fit? My velocity fits very loosely.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
ahhh...shoulda gone with motoworks...perfect fit...went on easier than the stock one. no joke.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I like the performance,looks and sound of the hmf better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shop I went to had the motoworks also but the HMF in black looked real nice so thats the one I got.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When i bought my full motoworks exhaust system and fmi i got a velocity filter with it. But i never used it, on checking it over i could see there was actually damage to the material on the filter where dirt could easily pass through. There is no real difference with filters anyway. maybe 0.0001 of a hp gain on one of the cotton types. The real difference is taking the lid of the box. I am just running the stock filter with outerwear cover and it runs fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When i bought my full motoworks exhaust system and fmi i got a velocity filter with it. But i never used it, on checking it over i could see there was actually damage to the material on the filter where dirt could easily pass through. There is no real difference with filters anyway. maybe 0.0001 of a hp gain on one of the cotton types. The real difference is taking the lid of the box. I am just running the stock filter with outerwear cover and it runs fine.
A K&N can add 1-1.5 hp throughout the RPM range and it has been dyno proven time and time again. But you are right that taking the lid off is even better. And even better than that is taking the air box off all together and running the outerware.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
K&N is proven to give more power, but they don't protect nearly as much as a foam filter. I will take my 1 hp loss, for my extended motor life any day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts