Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

After looking at many atv's I finally pulled the trigger and bought the DS450X the other day. I went to the "Ride says it all" tour out here in Nor Cal and was very happay as to the way it rode. My previous ride was a Honda trx400ex. I live in northern California and ride the trails in the local mountains, Hollister Hills and the sand at Glamis and Pismo.
Can anyone tell me the best way to remove the reflectors off the quad? and if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks!!

John

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would make sure all the recalls and updates are done on the quad. As the the reflectors I just drill out the rivets.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
dremel tool em off.
whoo-hoo another cali rider!!!
better see you in glamis at thanksgiving!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went on the BRP web site but can't find any recall notices on the 08 450X. I know there are some. Do I check with the dealer? They don't seem to be very friendly about anything. I saw a post where they were suggesting a very aggressive break in, does anyone have any feed back on that or should I just go with the factory recommendation?

·
Registered
323 Posts
you have to get w/ your service department about the recalls.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i just drilled out the rivits on the reflectors and just take it easy on brake ull feel it loosen up as u ride... iv hurd about the 08 having fly wheel bolt problems they back out and go through the case and im gald to hear about another ds450 rider!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts