Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched this forum without any solution. Here's the layout, I have a 2008 DS 450x and a couple weeks ago I was at a local drag race and after the race we was running the strip just for fun, I circled back around and shut the quad off to let it cool down. After a 10 minute intermission I went to start it back up but wouldn't start. It has spark and it is getting fuel through the line but the injector is not pulsing. I put a light tester in the socket and it flashes two time fast but it will not do anything after that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Have you tried swapping your Relays around too see if anything changes? These relays seem to be the weak link in the electronics.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I got a stock injector for sale $50. I have it on ebay right now

·
Registered
703 Posts
Could the injector be cloged with debris.Can you borrow another injector to swap your out?Are the DS injectors interchangeable with any other engine?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The injector itself is fine. I have a injector circuit tester, it just a light that plugs into the harness, and when I crank it it flash two times pretty fast and then that is it. This thing is a pain to diagnose. I don't know what else to look for or try. I am the only person that is around that owns a DS. About everyone here has LTR's.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
¿the injector is clean?

ok if you already checked all wires (specially battery connectors), all fuses (two boxes) and all front relays (3 relays), please check the key switch. Mine failed two times and was a pain in the ass found the problem.

Somtimes if key switch is damaged (dirty) make the neutral light comes on, but not the injector

·
Registered
789 Posts
Do you have a FMI or power commander? If you do then it could be it or a bad connection with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will check the switch and see what I can find.

I do not have a fmi or power commander. Thanks for trying though

·
Registered
7 Posts
mine is doing the exact same thing, turns over and has fuel pressure but nothing gets through my brand new injector. i just posted a thread today titled wont start describing exactly what you are

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
¿the injector is clean?

ok if you already checked all wires (specially battery connectors), all fuses (two boxes) and all front relays (3 relays), please check the key switch. Mine failed two times and was a pain in the ass found the problem.

Somtimes if key switch is damaged (dirty) make the neutral light comes on, but not the injector

Alright, so I checked the switch and it seemed to have power on all of the wires. I checked the wires at the injector and the purple wire with the stripe has power but the peach colored one does not. If I traced them right then they both go to the computer. Does anyone know what sends the pulse to the injector? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
25 Posts
One wire will supply the voltage. The other wire will ground the circuit causing the injector to fire. The wire that grounds will be what causes the injector to fire the voltage side will always have power.

For some reason your ECM does not want to fire the injector. The ECM needs a bunch of inputs for it to fire. Coolant temp, air temp, map sensor. But what I'd put money on is the ECM is not getting a crank signal. The ECM needs to know when to fire the injector and this is dependent on the crank signal. I don't have a wiring diagram and I'm typing this on y phone. But I'd check those wires first. I (being a mechanic by trade anyways) would use my multi meter and connect up to the plug for the wiring and see if I get a signal from the sensor.

That's what I'd start with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Or the ground signal wire is broken/bad pin

·
Registered
7 Posts
ive had similar experiences with mid 90's dodge trucks and the crank position sensor. i figured it was some sensor but didnt no where to start, i should have thought of that having it happen before

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, so I took it to a dealership about a hour away. They ran the buds but still no solution. He said the injector is fine and it is getting air and spark. The ECM is not sending a signal to the injector to ground. He suggested that I start checking all sensors and cleaning the connectors so I guess that is what I will be doing.

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Can you swap ecu's with another ds?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts