Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Well that sucks. It would eliminate alot of thing cheaply, since you're getting so much help from the dealer. Insert sarcasm here....

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's a pretty worthless tech working on your bike. Is it back with you? Do you have a multimeter?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah, I brought it home. Wasn't too hot on the idea of $100 an hour labor. Thought i could bring it home and check it over myself before I spend that for labor. That's crazy!

I've got a multimeter. Any ideas what to check for?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Check for power going to the injector, if no power work your way back to the ecu following the wires. Check grounds, wouldn't to remove and clean them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I have power on the violet/blue wire on the injector plug but nothing on the peach/red wire. I've traced them and they both go to the ECM. The repair manual says that i should have approximately 12 ohms between the connections on the injector and when testing mine it shows 15.1, think the injector could be bad? Sorry for taking so long, haven't had much time to work on this thing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its normal to have the voltage on that wire and nothing on the other wire. It is the side with nothing that "grounds" when it needs to fire the injector. Didn't you say you had a noid light hooked up to the connector and it wasn't lighting? That means the ground side isn't firing, which means for some reason your ecu doesn't want to fire the injector. Or that wire is broken between the injector and the ecu. If its not the wire you need to figure out why the ecu doesn't want the injector to fire. Be it a crank sensor, or a tps out of adjustment etc etc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Would someone care to measure how many ohms are on the crank sensor off a running quad? Measure between pin 1 and pin 2. I'd really appreciate it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i no this is an old thread but if you are still around i am having the same problem and was wondering if you found the solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone ever figure this out. I am having the same problem. Injector will fire twice with noid light plugged in then no signal. Please this is driving me crazy. Swapped ecm replaced wire harness. Still no injector pulse.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts