Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got it two days ago and took it to the dyno last night with that ds450 I tuned. Here is the results. Just thought you guys would be interested to see how it did. Stock vs. silencer and snorkel out. Thats it.Not to shabby for stock. More to come. Ill be doing a full system soon. Dasa and hmf both are sending me a pipe. Guess what dasa doesnt make a pipe for the ktm but I did some begging and they are building me one. I just had to supply a bike for mock up. So I found someone on the forums that lives close by and he volunteered. Ill post those results. Enjoy

·
Registered
459 Posts
My bro wants to get a 505 too, cuz the ltr is becoming a full drag bike.

·
Registered
459 Posts
did you see the video I put up on ltr450hq?

·
Registered
323 Posts
amazing number for a stock bike. no doubt, that thing is bad!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Jan 15 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
amazing number for a stock bike. no doubt, that thing is bad![/b]

Not near as cool as Tnt's stock ds450 but it works. Apparently his stock ds and his great wisdom will lead you all to greatness and all the years of dyno and quad building experience mean nothing compared to his degree! LOL

Not only that but his stock width, stock boxed ds will own me and my ktm on the track. I cant get enough of this fella. He is a real crack me up. Sorry Im venting. The guy has a hard on for me and all I want to do is help some fellow quad owners. For gods sake I love the ds. I almost bought one.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i love to hear everyone's opinion. honestly, you're just telling us what works and what doesn't work. everyone just wants thinks the quad they own is the best quad on the market. i know there is a few people that appreicate what you try to do for a quad you don't even own.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Jan 16 2009, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i love to hear everyone's opinion. honestly, you're just telling us what works and what doesn't work. everyone just wants thinks the quad they own is the best quad on the market. i know there is a few people that appreicate what you try to do for a quad you don't even own.[/b]

I appreciate it. I posted some more ds450 graphs on exriders. I forgot to here. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
306 Posts
So how did the number compare with a comparable ds450? they were lower?

I think of the KTM as the best stock quad IMO tried & true motor & if I had the cash I would get one with there fancy little bonus package of bumper & lift etc...

Yet I have heard some say the raced ones had tranny issues dropping 2nd or 3rd out the bottom & other item like swingarm bearings wearing faster than say on the Honda, this was from a guy who works on them?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My ds with motoworks pipe, and brp intake made 48whp 32ftlbs. My buddies 450sx stock made 49whp 34ftlbs. and with slip on fmf it made 51whp 35ftlbs. My 505sx obviously did more.

·
Registered
323 Posts
he has both. he's a balla.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts