Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this graph shows ron woods pipe, big [email protected] filter, pc tuned vs. same mods with web(dasa) mid cams and cp 13.6 tuned on sunoco110. We were disappointed none the less. We were told we wouldnt get more than 50whp by more than one builder. I guess they were right.

For comparison only. 3mod 08 ds vs. 3mod 08ltr450

·
Registered
459 Posts
Are you guys going to port the head?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bushwacker @ Jan 14 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are you guys going to port the head?[/b]

Im not sure the guys isnt to happy. He is a bigger guy(245) and he is wanting more torque. Im not sure what he wants to do. He might order a rossier intake setup to try. Just gonna try something different I guess. He would have to spend $1000-$1250 to get a decent port job. Unfortunate it costs so much to do the heads. Even mild port will cost him $500-$750. So I think he is tossed. Bike runs well just not what he was hoping for. We did a little pull down the street last night against my stock ktm505 and I pulled him pretty easily. Sooo I dont know??

·
Registered
459 Posts
I talked to Max Power and they were looking for some one to send them their engine to get a big bore/stroker kit made up. This was 2 months ago and they said only parts for the kit needed to be paid for. I didn't have money at time so I couldn't do it. Maybe the head can work better with more displacement.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bushwacker @ Jan 14 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I talked to Max Power and they were looking for some one to send them their engine to get a big bore/stroker kit made up. This was 2 months ago and they said only parts for the kit needed to be paid for. I didn't have money at time so I couldn't do it. Maybe the head can work better with more displacement.[/b]

I believe it will sir!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
im still blown away how much hp gain the ron woods kit makes. with the exhaust cam and his kit....hot damn...i dont see why you guys could want more power lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
ktm 505 is a beast of a machine , but my mild build stays neck to neck with it on a rolling start, one of my closest friends has one ......from a dead stop he pulls pretty hard till the top of 2nd and then were even , but i cant make up the gap he already established which is about 2.5 lengths lol.....but when my 20 shot gets here hes doomed .....i firmly believe this engine should be a 500cc every component on it is to spec for a big bore , and then this tiny 450 cc piston kind of defeats the purpose

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok first thing: 20 shot & ATV's im totally against, your going to be spending 3 fold+ on that motor when it blows, and it will blow. I'd sell that thing asap & call charlie & Rossier. I've talked to that guy for hours nd hours nd he knows his shit nd wont just try to sell ya sumthin to make a buck. I'm getting a reworked ECU for what i plan on doing, GNCC & flat track racin, nd an exhaust for now. I'll dyno it once i get it together nd let yas know how it goes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts