Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have not been on here in a while, but I have another question lol.

I'm getting ready to come back from Iraq and will getting ready for spring. I mostly do trail riding. I bought the FULL MotoWorks SR-4 Carbon Pipe, a K&N Air Filter, and a FMI Programer (from MotoWorks). I have it all instaled on my DS, but was wondering what the BEST settings are for the FMI if I mostly do trail????
ALSO, how do you have your DS set up for trail? Like hight, shocks, and all that stuff.... I'm still new to quad's.
Love ya'
Thanks for ANY help I get!

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you go to raptorforum dot com and go to 660 suspension. There is a sticky on how to setup your suspension.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
The mootoworks fmi is preset for their exhaust, and its a good map, so leave it.
Get ur suspension revalved at almost any shop. $300 roughly and it'll make a worlds difference

·
Registered
97 Posts
So im having some problems with my Motoworks FMI, I have 12:5:1 cp piston, velocity ring and intake sr4 slip on, and exhaust cam mod, and what i did was i set my fmi to the prest settings on the fmi and what is happening is first gear it will run through the rpms perfectly fine no problems at all, shift into 2nd at low rpms and start to accelerate, it falls on its face horrible bad, pull the clutch in rev it up and it come right out of it, click into third fourth and fifth i have absolutely no problems at all...whats your opinion on what i need to do, would my problem be considered to be in the cruise conditions, or do i need to adjust more in the acceleration mode? i fought with it for probably 3 hours before i got it to where its at right now and i race tomorrow at 1 so any help and id appreciate it :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess would be possibley the air flow from intake. This could be, because the FMI is mostly set for how the fuel comes in, but is not set on how much air is flowing, the wrong fuel and air intake ratio could be messing it up a bit. So by closing up the air box or opening it up MAY help. I am no expert but its worth a try.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts