Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike was an 08 with pipe, fuelatv intake, motoworks fmu. Tuned the best of my ability. The rossier pipe was able to get a nice straight line on afr. The motoworks was pretty straight but I couldnt get the rich dip in the mig range to come out. Not to rich but part of the reason why the rossier beat it in the mid range. Then the motoworks took over. Both pipes had over 10 runs on each pipe and this is the best I could extract out of both. Thank you to Johnny motoworks for supplying the pipe to test and Crixal for letting me beat up on his pipe. LOL

For me the motoworks is a hands down winner. I think with a power commander the mid range gap could have been lessened and the top end on the motoworks is killer. Though the motoworks unit works just fine and was very easy to use. No computere needed to use it. This bike needs to be revved and thats been known since its debut. The bottom was about the same on both pipes. Not to mention the motoworks made this power with the sparky and is close to 10db quieter. Thats the deciding factor for me. It was way quieter.

Here is the graph. This was on pump gas. Not to shabby. Bike runs good with either pipe. Riding down the street you could feel the motoworks pull through the gears harder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hmmmm...

and I thought everyone was saying that motoworks sucks...

but I still think im gonna go with rossier, because you can get the free flow airbox kit and full pipe for the same prices as just the motoworks pipe

but thanks for taking your time to do this!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I wonder if the shorter can on the rossier hurts its performance. Are you planning on testing it with the spark arrestor on the rossier?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
damn thats almost 2 hp over the rossier...but the torque is higher on the rossier...which shouldnt that mean that would pull harder? o well not bad with a sparky...

glad i went with motoworks...

didnt know i was on a 50hp quad haha.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hey driver is this motoworks pipe the same as the one you already have?

·
Registered
323 Posts
well, it is what it is. if someone wants a rossier pipe, shoot me an offer.

·
Registered
459 Posts
So are you keeping your motoworks pipe driver? Didn't a Ron Wood pipe you dynoed made more power?

·
Registered
323 Posts
i would stick w/ the motoworks. it's probably way more quiet and way lighter.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
im assuming fmi would always work better...isnt the pink wire more of a stop-gap? pink wire mod wont even work with some pipes...i think i heard that somewhere...i dunno tho.

·
Registered
477 Posts
yes ron woods has a drag pipe, but im talking custom. I know i guy that can make a stubby pipe like an nhra dragster for just your motor. He uses cam specs, intake runner length, valve size, etc and makes a pipe 100% for just your motor no generalization

·
Registered
20 Posts
hahah i found it on google and i`m new in the forum :/ but the last question...
how much hp have the ds stock because the dyno shows like 34 but I remember I read once that the ds have 47 STOCK plz answer me... thx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts