Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice pics Dickie, what other upgrades are you planning?

·
Registered
323 Posts
did your bike come w/ those a-arms?

·
Registered
323 Posts
i see. did yours come w/ those a arms? the 09s on brp's site have the same a arms mine has. i'm confused.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it came with the black a-arms, which was a bit of a suprise when i picked it up.

other mods: eventually looking at a steering stabaliser, and motoworks fuel controller, once money is good.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would recommend getting a power commander instead of the motoworks unit. You need it if you plan on building the engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
WOW!!!! I cant wait to get mine!!!

just have to finish this MX season on my blaster :( lol

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i see. did yours come w/ those a arms? the 09s on brp's site have the same a arms mine has. i'm confused.
nah, i had the aluminum ones.

tjsdaname, if your coming off a blaster, you will fall in love with this can-am it reminds me of my blaster so much, except it turns when i want it too, i have room on it, and it has more power.

·
Registered
79 Posts
man where is that track it looks so mint!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey mate, not going to brag about myself or anything, and honestly, i dont know who the better rider was. That particular day i ended up 3rd for the day (had a shocking first race ended up 5th, then a 1st, then a 3rd) but around that particular track, it seemed the can am was able to keep up with the KTM easily. all i have done to my can am is pink wire cut, full motoworks exhaust and air box lid off. i am extremely happy with the ds450! handles beautifully.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you arent sure on which quad to buy. Try test ride them (prob dont test ride a stock DS450, you will probably be disappointed, look for one with a pipe etc to test ride)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i was a bit hesitant about cutting my fender but then once i did i was so glad. got some graphics made up (they have been sitting at the post office for a week and they failed to tell me they arrived) will put them on in the next couple of days and then i will put some pics up showing you guys.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The cut fenders do look awesome. I really want to cut mine but I'm kind of nervous about messing it up. I think I know where to cut them but I'm not 100%.

Where did you order your graphics from? I can't find a big selection for the DS450.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts