Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took a spill yesterday on my 250 Raptor lol. Left my DS at home (the 250 is the play bike, woods warrior, trust me its a blast lol). Anyway halling all day though the woods at St. Joe State Park, MI. They have 800 ares of sand flats and 800 of a mix of very tight and open very rocky woods. I decided to ride the sand alittle. No tree got me, no rocks fased me, no hill was turned down, but the little sand pile 3ft high i decided to jump bit me!! Now i'll race around a mx track on my DS all day, but the little pile of sand showed me whats up. There was a pile i didn't see hiding from alittle tall grass right before this on that i hit, caused the bike to kick to up and two wheel, lost some speed and it wound up going off crooked nose down. Threw me over the front, bike cartwheeled, hit me, and landed on all fours. Had a bent stock grab bar and a bent fender mount. Thats it (she has a few mods not your normal 250 pretty tough). Me, dislocated shoulder, and two sore legs where it hit me lol :kater:.

So I'm sore and this has made me thank, I want a neck brace. I wear the regalor and knee guards, elbow guards, kidney belt, so on. But I don't have a neck brace. Seems like a good ideal.

Does any of you all where them? Anyone use the foam ones? I was looking at EVS, Leatt Brace, and A star. Any tips or recomidations would help cause the real ones are kinda priecy lol.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wear and EVS one most of the time when i'm being seriouse. Its cheaper and pretty comfortable. . . . like anything you get what you pay for and its not as luxurious but its a good brace.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im gonna buy one soon too. A friend of mine has the EVS and it seems alright. After reading allot about all the different brands though I think I'm gonna get a leatt. They have a cheaper version called the adventure. Its the same as the $500+ version but has less adjustment features.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The adventure is also heavier i believe. I have the leatt sport brace, I love it. Its probably the best investment I have made. In my opinion, if there was a part out there for like 200 or 300 bucks that made your quad go faster, a lot of people would buy it. So why wouldnt you buy something that will protect you for that same price?

·
Registered
46 Posts
For me the choice right now is either the leatt or the precision steering stabilizer. I think I'm gonna have to go with the neck protection and hold off on the stabilizer. It might not be fun but it sure beats a broken neck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered a Leatt sport for around 450ish from rockymountain ATV. I agree, confidence in your safety means less fear in getting hurt, and all round confort with your body, equals more speed. Becides mom said she would buy it :) . . .she said she rether spend a little more money on me for gear then a then for a broken neck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Omega makes a nice neck brace its what i use and I love it so far light and comfy. Even tested it out couple days ago and held up great.

·
Registered
811 Posts
yeah I'll be looking into a neck brace also now. Didn't really think about it till a buddy said something but my helmet could of broke my collar bone (bottom of helmet hitting my collar bone while landing). The faster you start to ride the more you realize that coming back home in one piece is worth the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts