Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I need some help...

A minute ago I received my HMF Slip on, and I can't wait till 6 to go home and install it, but....

Is there anything I should consider before?

Would I need jetting after instal?

I've cutted the pink wire out (after some war marks to my hands...)

Do I need to unbolt the head pipe to??

All help you can give me will be greatly appreciated..

I forgot to say I haven't room for mistakes, as I need to race sunday!

Rgds.

·
Registered
323 Posts
never put on a slip on, but i doubt you have the take the head pipe off. if you already have the pink wire cut, then you're good. good luck.

·
Registered
323 Posts
if it sounds like every other hmf i've heard.. it's gonna sound great.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
no jetting its fuel injected :)
head pipe doesnt move

good luck on the race!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys... after testing it, i noticed that it kinda fails when I open the throtle... It also sparks when I release it...

Is it normal? my worry is the first issue, when i go full throtle and it feels like no inyection.

any coments?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
79 Posts
did u re map it after u put on the new pipe?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
def get a programmer not just pink wire cut. mine will "bog" kinda if the motor is cold when i dump on the throttle, but warmed up it should respond quickly. or race re-map.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I need to go to the dealer to re-map right?

I'll see how it behavies tomorrow...

You're allways very supportive.

Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Get yourself a programmer man. PC 3 is good. it'll have the map already on it for your pipe. With the pink wire cut, and a slip on... you will still be lean... and that is what it sounds like is happening. With the programmer you will notice it will run way better.

Any change in intake or exhaust that you expect to get more power from would need tweaking or reprogramming. The fuel injection on the DS and all other FI quads is not like that of cars where a computer is constantly monitoring and adjusting for temperature, altitude, intake flow, exhaust slow. . . The newer programmers (PC5) have sensors like a car (Basically an 02 sensor) that will measure these factors and make adjustments on the fly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You've already convince me... let's see how to tell my wife I need to put 300 more bucks...(I'll probably sleep beside my bike till the end of the year...

But a man has to do what a man has to do... right?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Lol. thats right. . . . tell her the programmer gives ya better fuel mileage and it will save money in the long run!

·
Registered
12 Posts
on my 08 ds450, it seems like i lost some of my top end when i modded to pink wire cut, hmf slip on exhaust, pc3, open air box with uni air filter, i cant seem to find no where that has a map close to my mods, i tried the one close to it that comes from powercommader, but its for stock air filter and full exhaust system, so any of u guys have any suggestions?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Go On HMF website as was suggested above

·
Registered
425 Posts
Did the PC not come with a CD that Had a bunch of different maps on it for uplaoding from a lap top?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts