Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 09 ds 450 that I got for 4800 as left over I put flexx bars pro precison stablizer pro armor skid plate pro armor fat pegs blingstar bumper hiper 3 rims razar 2 tires gncc on the back han guards I was wanting to know what everyone was running on their ds for gncc and woods racing and best exhaust for more bottom power

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Finally another red can am lol

·
Registered
811 Posts
If you do a lot of woods riding a 13 tooth front sprocket helps out a ton with the bottom end power but if you do a lot of straight aways or mx then I would keep the 14 tooth. Almost any full pipe will give you that extra power you are looking for. Give BCS a call and get the motoworks sr4g2, their intake, and get your ecu remapped and be happy with the power for a while.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the 13 tooth rear sprocket and full motoworks sr4g2 exhaust fmi and putting rekluse in it soon

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
lol lemme know how that works out...im assuming you meant 13 tooth front, and i was informed that Rekluse still doesnt make a DS clutch...has this changed?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would start working on cooling that beast down now.. cut holes in the plastics.. engine ice, inline rad cooler... cv4 hoses,, send off the ecu to get limp mode removed

·
Registered
505 Posts
u will need more then just engine ice when you are running in the trees in the heat of summer

·
Registered
548 Posts
^^^ Can you be more specific about actions that need taken to reduce the heat? Where to cut the holes in plastic? Best way to protect rad in front (outerwear? duct-tape? etc.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just picked up my ds450, I was riding a Honda for a while and a LTR as well. The best way to 'setup' a quad would be to set it for your settings.. I wouldn't take someones idea when it could be awesome for them, but totally screw you up. Best advice I have gotten over my years of riding and my short short period racing is, race one first and see if you like it, if so fix or do what you need to make happen to perform better. Also, setup your quad to your preference. You might ride better with a different setup then others might, just practice and fine tune what you need too !

Grab skid plates for everything you can for sure, and really make sure you exercise as well. Arm pump in those races can really suck ! haha ..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can someone upload a pic with xmx shocks on stock a-arms,because im interested did the xmx shocks with tripple springs will be better on the stock a-arms for gncc??

Thanks ;) !!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Can someone upload a pic with xmx shocks on stock a-arms,because im interested did the xmx shocks with tripple springs will be better on the stock a-arms for gncc??

Thanks ;) !!
This is the first I've seen anyone mention putting the longer shocks on the stock arms.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just have your stock ones revalved for your wieght.DS450 XC shocks ar good ones save some dollars.If money no problem go with fox floats.I have a set of them on Kristin DS.She going into the NAVY will sell them for 1200.00 this includes 2 front and the rear.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i ask for set up with the xmx shocks, because i have xmx with tripple springs and to know or to see!!! : )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts