Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I run an Overall ride hieght of 7-3/4 to 8-1/2 for XC. I run a RZR2 style tire with the pressures elevated to prevent punctures as I don't like the feel Tire Balls give. You will want to set your High speed compression fast and your low speed stiff and set your front and rear rebound according to the speed you ride. Faster is faster, slower for slower.

A rotor and sprocket guard combo is a must, and big time cooling system help is needed. Go to the hardware store and buy a nylon hose barb 90, and 2 clamps that will replace the thermostat housing and remove it. Replace the stock clamps with regular automotive style hose clamps everywhere. The OEM hoses will work fine. Buy a fuel tank wrap and swiss cheese the plastics by the fuel tank, under the fenders. I run 10, 3/4 inch holes. G2 Ergonomics makes an inline super cooler that is longer and more efficient than the short 3-7 fin coolers. It works well for me, but anything is better than nothing. Engine Ice, or Evans Waterless coolant and a hardwired fan would be good Ideas as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
OK, BUT I DON'T WANT FOX SHOCKS I WANNA SEE DS450 WITH STOCK A-ARMS WITH STOCK XMX A-ARMS IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME !?!?!?!?THE MOST OF THE TIMES WHEN I ASK SOMEONE IN THIS FORUM,I CAN'T RECEIVE A GOOD AND RIGHT ANWER,SO IF YOU DON'T KNOW DON'N SPAM I THINK!!! :)

Thanks Regards Martin!!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
xmx shocks will not work on stock arms
what are you trying to get at? do you have the xmx model or base? or xxc?

·
Registered
65 Posts
xmx shocks will not work on stock arms
what are you trying to get at? do you have the xmx model or base? or xxc?
I have stock and xmx a-arms and only XMX shocks and i want to put the stock aarms for the winter maybe for trial riding and i ask for that... :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts