Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put my new clutch back on let the bike run at idle to make sure antifreeze is full then checked oil and it is milk WAT did i do wrong anyone

·
Retired Moderator
3,417 Posts
well i know on most engines that means you have a cracked block or head,check your antifreeze level see wheres its at or maybe you hooked something backwards???just a few ideas good luck

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ya. Make sure that you didnt hook a rad line into a spot where an Oil Line should have been! Change your oil ASAP too.

·
Registered
425 Posts
No they don't Have oil coolers but there are both coolant lines and oil lines running to the bottom and mid side of the engine that may have gotten mixed up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i checked everything over drained my oil put it back together now when i hit the start button it just clicks and wont start already tried to boosting it to see if it was my battery but the same thing happens

·
Registered
117 Posts
Take out 1 of the spark plugs put a rag over the hole and stand back when you turn it over. If that doesn't work you might be in trouble. Did you figure out why the water got in the oil yet and how much did the coolant tank go down. If it is only a little bit, is there a seal you could have damaged? If it is a lot I think the hoses bieng hooked up wrong may sound right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have some what the same problem the starter relay makes noise but wont turn over and the oil is good. i rode it down the drive way stalled it and it wont start again just clicks at the starter relay any advice please help

·
Registered
117 Posts
you may have a loose wire between the relay and the starter or the battery could be low. Take a voltmeter at the starter post and ground it anywhere and see if you get 12+ volts to the starter if not that is your problem. If the voltage is there and you can feel the starter engage then pull a plug and see if it will turn over.

·
Registered
72 Posts
1. make sure the motor turns freely. if it's jammed the starter will click but not turn over. You may have jammed something when reassembling. One way to check this is to take the spark plugs out, put the bike in 5th gear and see if you can turn the rear wheels (and motor).

2. If the motors turns freely, your relay is shot. test it by by passing it. Ie connect the 2 heavier gauge wires togather and the starter should turn the motor over.

3. As for the anitfreeze and oil mixing togather.... not sure. But do not assume the worst (crack block) untill you have eliminated the easier fixes like gaskets. And always suspect the last thing you took apart...

good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts