Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I'm better known in the DS650 world but just bought a brand new 2008 DS450X. I hold several record on the big DS, Looking forward to finding new power on the little one...lol

Here's my 01 launching at Four Stroke Wars Glamis Ca .

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
that's a sweet pic, man. got any videos?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got lots of vid but they are too large to upload. Here is a pic of my rigid drag bike...shop is a little messy...lol

The engine started life as a DS650, its 870cc now. Makes 90hp on race gas.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
got any picks of the ds450?

·
Registered
323 Posts
that's a crazy lookin' bike, man. let's see your ds.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'll introduce myself here too since we are the new owner of a new 09 DS450. Sorry I barged in without an introduction...I was trying to find out about this quad before I bought it. I'm the father 49 of a 19 year old local and regional mid-west pro mx'er. I'm also an Engineer that knows alot about quads so you'll find my post more technical and logical in nature, but I am also able to hang with young bloods so don't let me intimidate you. I talked to my son on a daily basis about quads we love them and the sport and we are both excellent mechanics. Anyway, we are now part of the Can AM family and proud to be a part of it. I think once we get our mods done it will SCREAM more than the YAMS we ran the past few years. I'll be out here trying to keep it straight and on the upity up and help anyway I can.

Latta B)

·
Registered
323 Posts
how does your ds compare your yfz stock vs stock? i've never rode a yfz.

·
Registered
900 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Dec 10 2008, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
how does your ds compare your yfz stock vs stock? i've never rode a yfz.[/b]
We have not ran a YFZ stock since 04, forgot. With mods the motor is real torquey everywhere and the three intakes valves are a little slow putting power on it's better at top end. YAM 09 has been totally redesigned it would be interesting to see how it rides compared to the DS. After riding DS EFI I doublt we ever go back to carbs and jetting, the power is really smooth and uniform. YAM is a bad word to us, we have battled so many OEM part failures nothing is stock on ours anymore and we still battle it. I think it's the geometry of it that’s why they totally redesigned it. Our YAM has been demoted to practice quad on it's way to the bone yard, DS is now the KING!!!……lol!

·
Registered
4 Posts
TNT thanks for the info. I was looking at the yamaha and i found the ds450 and im glad from a rider point of view that tha ds out performs the yamaha.. Im looking at the ds450 mx bike...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts