Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a 2008 ds450 im gonna set it up for hare scrambles and was wondering what ds specific things needs to be done to it. ive raced for yrs now and i know tires skids exercise and that kinda stuff. need to know more ds things like chassis brace any problem areas as far as power or things like that thanks cant wait to get this on the track o its a none x model

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well it is already narrow so that isn't a problem. You should look at swiss cheesing your plastics to keep it cool. Put an inline radiator cooler on it and you should be set there. I would also keep some fuses and relays on the quad with you incase on goes bad. Frame wise I would go to bcs and get their reinforcement kit. Hope that helps and welcome to site.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
need to have the limp mode on your ecu removed. Run engine ice and get a bcd inline cooler.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I were you I would invest in the following
A full exaust
Race ecu( no limp mode)
Inline cooler
Engine ice
Good set of tires (holeshots or razrs)
Bark busters (have saved my hands many times )
Anti vibe car clamps Or flexx bars (will reduce fatigue and strain on arms )
Elephant ears for the bark busters if wet or muddy to keep hands dry
Radiator cover in muddy conditions
A really good set of full body and a arm skids
A quad tech seat ( it personally helps me a ton in many category's )
I would either get new shocks and a arms depending on level and buget if that's not an option I would get the shocks revolved for you weight and riding style
I would also get roator and sprocket guards
Also I would get a good set of nerfs with metal heel guards ( makes a huge difference!!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the input but my question is about ds specific things i keep hearing bout cae mods and some brace and something bout a hip brace can anyone explain this to me

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think Reimers21 here on the forums still has sub frame braces for sale, let him know Bradley Peterson sent ya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts