Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think weve discussed this before, but has anyone noticed their arms off canter? like leaning to one side? thought i fixed the problem...but it came back!

im assuming either the aluminum bent or the frame is tweaked...

regardless, would aftermarket arms fix this problem? or do you think it would be covered in the warranty?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its like leaning..but the shocks seem fine. i got some balls and hobbled on to the bike and hot lapped it around the block and it seemed fine...and a buddy took it out and hit some whoops and jumps, and he said he didnt even notice it and now actually wants one haha...

but i guess it could be the shocks...seem pretty lame that only 6 months of pretty laid back riding and their already about to go?...

could it be something else? obviously the shocks crapping out isnt the good news i wanted hahaha

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
it might not be, but i noticed at my last race, when only one shock blew, it was sitting a little funny, then you push down on the front end a few times and it straightens back out.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
has anyone heard of hygear? they do shock rebuilds and upgrades with the stock ones...

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would have Rocket Ron Racing do them. Heres his address and number,
10277 gate dr. indianapolis, indiana. 46239

317 319 4381
this is the can am kit, triple rate fronts, dual rate rear, high flow piston mod, valving changes , rear link mod . all for 900. can ams now have there GAME ON
ronrocket.jpg

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn it sucks that theres no one is california that does good rebuilds...ill give em a call thanks man...900 OTD is better than hygear too....they wanted 1300 for a long travel conversion/revalve. and they were in new york so the shipping would be a bitch too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try JH Racing he does good work, he rebuilt are rear shock and it works great.
913-371-0101 tell him Scott sent you he will give you a good deal.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool thanks again guys...blaster99s trick worked...i just pumped the front end a few times and it seemed to recharge or whatever...but either way i think its time i get new ones...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
yeah, if it isn't sitting level, there is something wrong. I would get new shocks soon, it's not a necessity, but it would improve handling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts