1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Retired Moderator
3,417 Posts
Its really a pure race part . Im not sure you would get at lot of use out of it unless u are going to race

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its really a pure race part . Im not sure you would get at lot of use out of it unless u are going to race
2012 AWRCS QXC-2 is the plan right now, got a lot to do between now and then, mostly surrounding the 50# I need to lose, hahahaha

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it...there are other mods (cheaper too!) that will benefit you more IMO

·
Registered
811 Posts
How is 35 bucks not cheap? Id just ask about the fit. Who knows thou might make it fit

·
Registered
81 Posts
it dosnt look like it would be hard to make it fit.

i don't think i need one right now but if i was going to a race were i expected alot of mud i would buy it!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
$35 is cheap lol didn't check out the price. Go for it! Just save it for the muddy tracks cuz dang it looks goofy lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
yes I have one on my 09 x xc i like it i had to trim my plastic a little to make it fit the way i wanted it to but I do think it made a little difference in cooling not crazy amount but enough to notice and it doesnt look half bad either

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
yes I have one on my 09 x xc i like it i had to trim my plastic a little to make it fit the way i wanted it to but I do think it made a little difference in cooling not crazy amount but enough to notice and it doesnt look half bad either
didi you use it on the stock louver?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
didi you use it on the stock louver?
It would be impossible to fit onto the stock louver. A custom one has to be fab'd along with some mounting brackets for the louver.

FYI.. you can buy the outerwears material in X" x Y" sheets and make something on your own if you want. The one shown above ends up being like 45$ shipped. I've ridden twice now with it and the plastic has started to rub a hole thru it :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
I took the stock plastic radiator guard off and just mounted the metal v louver on
Nate 344 Do you have any pics of the grill that you installed. I know this post is over 6 months old but Im hoping to see some pics.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks. I was looking at them and I seen that but I was just hoping to see the actual guard cause my nefew definately needs more than just an outerware ... lol

The proof is in the picture ... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
With the guard you have to fabricate it out of perf. aluminum. And it's a good idea to mount a puller and pusher fan onto it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Dirtracer,there was a thread about someone making a nice custom cover that you are looking for,with pics,hope this helps.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I purchased the outerwear bag and then started with a cardboard template to reverse engineer the actual shape and size of perforated aluminum I needed. I then continued using cardboard and some thin sheet metal templates to fabricate the mounting "louvers". I made mine similar to the warnert setup that bithell and McGill used.

Don't forget that you absolutely need a pusher fan mounted to front of radiator, behind the outerwears thing. You will need a custom mount for that, along with wiring and an on/off switch. This switch could potentially be the headlight switch if u are good with electrical.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts