Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders :).

For background I am a Saturday and Sunday warrior. Not a racer just a intense rider. I ride a 2011 Ds450X MX. Aside dorm the slip on Motoworks SR4 it is stock.

I am considering upgrading my air box lid to a EHS Performance lid mod, a BCS Hi Flow ring and the K&N filter kit. What do you think about the small performance upgrade?

Do you have one or both? If so, what were your results?

I look forward to your responses!

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
2.5 hp increase with just the bcs intake. I enjoy the extra grunt.

But using the search function will garuntee you an extra 10hp if installed and used correctly.:ditsch:

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
I run the bcs with the lid on. No problems here. It does hit the lid but not hard enough to worry about.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I tryed to put my lid on to clean it and it hit what I consider to be bad. I did not try to force it on. I wouldn't reccomend it. Might rub a hole in the filter or outerwer.

·
Registered
571 Posts
dont waste the 80 bucks or whatever on that lid, just run without it, buy a outerwears or k&n prefilter to put over your k&n its just as good as that waste of money and you have more airflow! and my stock lid fits on just fine when i wash my bike!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

The lid is cut and has about an extra 1/2" of clearance so I should be good. I am hesitant to ride without a lid. I feel more comfortable on dusty trails and the oval track with a lid on My other thought that was with too much air I would need a fuel management system.

Comments/suggestions?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I feel more comfortable on dusty trails and the oval track with a lid on
Comments/suggestions?
Take that sucker off! I run outerwears and finished the 450km Finke Desert Race in the Australian Desert with no issues... Its so dusty you often cant see the front bumper of your bike!

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

The lid is cut and has about an extra 1/2" of clearance so I should be good. I am hesitant to ride without a lid. I feel more comfortable on dusty trails and the oval track with a lid on My other thought that was with too much air I would need a fuel management system.

Comments/suggestions?

I feel the same way. So I leave the lid on also. You'll still feel the added power. Have you cut the pink wire yet? Some say it's there some say it's missing. Probally just opened a can of worms with that one. oops.

·
Registered
571 Posts
dude i ride in az, all there is is dust!! get the prefilter from outerwears or k&n and you are good, i dont have a fmi, pink wire cut is all you need, thats giving you the extra fuel, now take that lid off and give it the air it needs!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts