Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like a great quad and love all the info on the site. I cant wait to ride it and could not pass up the price. So stock it hurts!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
good luck w/ the quad. i love mine. what mods do you plan on doing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the basics exhaust,intake,and pink wire for now!

·
Registered
323 Posts
ya, that's all i have at the moment. it runs a lot better after you put on an exhaust. what exhaust & intake are you looking at?

·
Registered
459 Posts
My dealer had 08' for $3999 plus tax and Xs for$4500 plus tax a while ago.

·
Registered
323 Posts
that is crazy cheap. they must be starving for sales. i wonder how much the mark-up is on a quad?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure what exhaust or intake yet, I have to do a little more research. $4,900 is what is what I got mine for. Im looking for a exhaust that is not too loud, I do a lot of lake riding and do not want to piss off the neighbors. Any recomendations?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've heard the Ron Wood pipe is quiet and makes more power with the disc installed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i get so pissed when i hear these prices ....i ordered mine before they even came out , had the first one in my dealership in 08.....paid about 8 thousand out the door grrr

·
Registered
459 Posts
I paid over 8 with extended warranty for mine, but it was the first one my dealer received.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ron wood pipe is ugly but looks like it makes good power. I would like to hear one in person before I buy one.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I don't like the looks either, that why I'm getting a HMF Ironman pipe.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i've seen a pic of the ron woods on a ds w/ the tip and it really didn't look that bad... i actually kinda liked it. i put my nerfs, bumpers, and wheels on today and nothing fit up good. i had to buy different bolts for the front & back bumpers and i had to buy spacers for the front tires. not real impressed w/ ac racing's engineering. once i got it on, it looked AMAZING. i really like it. i will have some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah these prices make me angry too, i bought mine April of '08 and i paid 7200 otd, if i paid 4500 for it i could of stuck 3k into the motor lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts