Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
684 Posts
It makes the ECU switch over to its pre programmed race map. not sure about the warranty. And U have to run a open airbox and exhaust when u do it

· Registered
4,794 Posts
it wont be that rich. a slip on is obviously better but if your looking at spending $0 and want more power, especially bottom end, you can take out the baffle, open the box and cut the wire. it runs fine like that, i ran my bike with that set-up for a couple months before getting a programmer, filter and pipe.

· Registered
57 Posts
is the pink wire mod applied to a 2008 ds 450x. and how rich are we talking.(its totally stock).

· Registered
4,794 Posts
youll be fine. pink wire cut, baffle out and lid off is a great set-up. you will not be too rich. when the wire is cut, the ecu is programmed to run with that set-up. you can add a K&N filter too and you will be even better off.

· Registered
37 Posts
youll be fine. pink wire cut, baffle out and lid off is a great set-up. you will not be too rich. when the wire is cut, the ecu is programmed to run with that set-up. you can add a K&N filter too and you will be even better off.
jus got mine 450x today..pulled baffel and airbox lid...where the hell is the pink wire located??pic!!

· Registered
155 Posts
shouldn't be a issue with cutting the pink wire during break in. When I got mine I rode if for about 10 minutes. Cut the pink wire and then finished breaking it in. No problems yet. Ran a full year of racing XC with no problems and runs great.

· Registered
37 Posts
i would break ur bike in before cutting the pink wire. but its under the front plastics. sorta a pain to take of in my opinion but let me try and get a pic for ya

Tara...thanks for the pic and info but I'm still a lil lost as I dont really see a pink wire. Is there step by step how to w pics on this forum. I wouldnt know how to pull plastics, locate correct wire. Cut it, pull it out all together....I want to make sure I know what I;m doing before i start cutting chit on my new bike!

· Registered
155 Posts
It is under the left side of the front plastics. Kind of in the area between where you knee hits on the side panel and the key. Should be right above the ECU.

· Registered
4,794 Posts
look at the pic....under the blue tape there is a pink wire. its in a loop taped together. all you need to do is cut that wire, and tape the ends off. the plastics come off easy, just keep track of your screws. once the plastics are off you will see on the left side of the gas tank area, sorta near where the key goes in, this picture that is posted. follow the steps as i said, cut, tape, put plastics back on, take off air box lid and remove the spark arrestor and youll be set.

· Registered
21 Posts
I have a couple of young teens that like to ride my 09 450. I was concerned about the difference in power once I cut this wire so I soldered some extra lengths to the cut wire ends and ran them through a toggle switch. I located that switch under my seat where the tool kit would be. Now I can switch back and forth between the 2 modes whether its crazy dad riding or the kids. They don't know about the switch so they have know idea how scarey fast this bike can go now....lol

· Registered
1,672 Posts
great call trailman.....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts