Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i didn't think it would do much, but it is way faster after you cut the pink wire. i was impressed. the throttle response was better and it pullled harder, longer. if you're still stock, i'd say it's worth cutting.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I cut my after I broke it in. It made it faster but I don't think I got the magical 5 horsepower alot of people were saying. -_-

·
Registered
84 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bushwacker @ Jan 11 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I cut my after I broke it in. It made it faster but I don't think I got the magical 5 horsepower alot of people were saying. -_-[/b]

Dyno shows hardly no gain. i think you guys are feeling the better throttle response mainly. I tested on two machines and seen less than 1whp. So its in the tr im sure.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, it's a lot more snappy. it seems like it revs faster too. this is also the second time i've rode it on dirt. i haven't rode it in two weeks too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you guys also pulled the airbox lid off and added a slip on pipe? Just clipping the pink wire dors not unleash the power. You need to do all three. Pink Wire, Pipe, AirBox Lid Off. Note: You can also pull the baffle out of the stock muffler instead of the slip on pipe.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
so ive tried to locate this pink wire...and i guess im partially...no make that fully retarded...but i cant get my f**kin plastics off! i read its supposed to be just above the left knee near the tank, but after prying my side piece out enough to take a peek...i dont see anything. can i just follow the wires back to the ecu or ???? and unplug it?

also, is it worth it to just get the fmi programmer? thought about the pink wire...but then the programmer allows for future mods...whats your opinion?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Heres the pink wire. I'm planning on getting a pc5 for my future mods, but I'm going to try the pink wire with a exhaust and filter first.
DSC_0191.jpg

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
yea i just ordered the efi programmer cuz i wanna go crazy on the motor over the summer...figured it was worth it to just get it now. still cant get the damn plastics off. guess ill have to cut em on the bike.

·
Registered
459 Posts
yea i just ordered the efi programmer cuz i wanna go crazy on the motor over the summer...figured it was worth it to just get it now. still cant get the damn plastics off. guess ill have to cut em on the bike.

Did u take the head lights off? At first I couldn't figure it out either but then I got them off.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
well i took out the nuts holding em on...but yea i gave up... pink wire sill stay there.
motoworks fmi instead :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
What made you go with the motoworks unit instead of a pc3/5?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
$. and im paranoid about mixing brands. got the slip on then the motoworks fmi says its preprogrammed for the pipe. i know its a marketing thing but i have a nack for f*ckin stuff up so i just got it. couldnt find the PC for under 300. hey your fenders look SUPER clean. what did you cut them with? im getting ready to do mine but i dont know if i should follow a line further in the fender or just chop em back to the light. sawzall or jigsaw?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I used a dremel to cut the plastic, and I also drill out the rivets to make easier. If you are planning on any internal engine mods upgrade to a pc3/5. Fuel Moto USA has them for around 270.00 and alittle more for the newer one. If you want I can take some close up pics of the fenders to give you a idea.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
dude that would be super cool. thanks. once it gets closer to summer and the bike starts spending more time in the garage and less time on the trails ill probably start the motor work, and will def consider the power commander and check them out . thanks again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used a dremel to cut the plastic, and I also drill out the rivets to make easier. If you are planning on any internal engine mods upgrade to a pc3/5. Fuel Moto USA has them for around 270.00 and alittle more for the newer one. If you want I can take some close up pics of the fenders to give you a idea.
I am looking to shave mine too and would appreciate some close ups... thanks man!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
holy crap while my infinite impatience for the fmi arriving grows, i FINALLY got the stupid plastics off enough to find the wire and cut that b*tch! and god what a difference! i might just cancel the fmi if i can and wait to order that pc3. killer set up.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I took me 5+ hours to figure it out. I'll get some pics of my fender cuts tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
dude i was telling a buddy of mine about the pink wire and the problems my stupidty was getting me into, and hes like, "show me what you mean" and i started taking the plastics off and boom. they just came off this time. and sure enough that little shit was hiding in the bundle. im still baffled about how much of a difference it made to the bike. not more power but DEFINITELY more responsive. that pic helped out alot. thanks again.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Heres the left side.
P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

·
Registered
459 Posts
Right side.
P1010013.jpg