Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 canam ds 450efi and I recently replaced all the topped gaskets and now the bike does not want to start. I believe I have the timing wrong but I don't know what to do at this point, I didn't lock the crank with the bolt while rebuilding the topknot therefore the crank was freely spinning. The bike starts with some carb cleaner but will not start otherwise. how can I fix the timing issue. How do I find the compression stroke after the crank was freely spinning. On the magneto there's a small metal plate that sends a signal to the magnet and fires the spark plugs, can I use that to find the compression stroke? I have the crank locked right now at tdc but I have no idea if the piston is on the compression stroke also the cam marks are not facing towards the inside, should I switch them around and try starting them as is? any help would be greatly appreciated, maybe even get in contact with me PLEASE!!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 2014 canam ds 450efi and I recently replaced all the topped gaskets and now the bike does not want to start. I believe I have the timing wrong but I don't know what to do at this point, I didn't lock the crank with the bolt while rebuilding the topknot therefore the crank was freely spinning. The bike starts with some carb cleaner but will not start otherwise. how can I fix the timing issue. How do I find the compression stroke after the crank was freely spinning. On the magneto there's a small metal plate that sends a signal to the magnet and fires the spark plugs, can I use that to find the compression stroke? I have the crank locked right now at tdc but I have no idea if the piston is on the compression stroke also the cam marks are not facing towards the inside, should I switch them around and try starting them as is? any help would be greatly appreciated, maybe even get in contact with me PLEASE!!
When the bike starts with carb cleaner it also revs very high.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts