Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen how the Pro Armor Grab Bar and Pro MX Front Bumper look on the DS?

My flag mount on the stock grab bar broke last time at the Dunes (which apparently happens all the time) so I'm looking to get a grab bar. I think I'm gonna go with black all around and eventually get some black nerfs.

I have a discount code so I should be able to get a good deal. PM me if you want the discount.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
haha mine broke too so i just welded both sides instead of just the top. yea saw the black pro armor bumper that looks like the rath one...looks sick. next week or so im gunna re-order the pro armor bumper, grab bar and nerfs...tried to do it last month but my idednty got stolen and havent been able to use my credit card.... but yea they look real good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pro-Armor makes good stuff. John Nataile is sponsored by them so just look up a pic of his Can-Am, looks great. Most Pro-Armors bumpers do kinda look like a Rath but the DS bumpers are shorter, to not restrict air flow. As far as the black, well gloss black anyway, it looks nice before the first ride lol but after that its nothing but dulling, scratchs, and then bare alluminum showing. Not nocking it, thats how my Rath stuff is, still looks good from 5ft away just not real close. O'well thats a race bike for ya lol. If they made a magic kit to prevent scratchs and damage i'd buy it lol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i bought the Pro MX Bumper and Grab bar in black Powdercoat today. Once I get them mounted up I'll snap some photos so you guys can check them out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the photos, pretty happy with how they look. Definitely get a much better grip when I lift the quad.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
o wow. bitchin dude. but where did you find the rear bar? everytime i check their website it says sold out or not in stock.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I'll report back on how the powdercoat holds up. Since I ride in sand a lot, chances are it will get sand blasted.

Ya the website is not real accurate. I just called them and asked for it. They were out of stock on one of the non powder coated, but i wanted the black ones anyways.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Through Pro Armor, it was the only way to use the discount which BTW ends on Aug 31

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
with my discount came out to 150, which I thought was pretty good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts