Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any of U guys in the race program have to pay the dealer for installation of the performance upgrade?

I am in the process of negotiating a deal on a 08 DS 450 x.

I have already got a lot of great info from this forum!

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
my dealer put it all in for me for free

·
Registered
49 Posts
How much experience do you have to have to get accepted? Because I'm liking the ds450xmx, I've only raced twice but ride pretty much only mx at our local track. I'm planning on racing two local series, some itp quadcross and worcs races

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have never raced before and I got accepted. My dealer just gave me all the parts and I have to install them myself. They're a bunch of tards though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only heard of 1 guy not being accepted and it was because he was too young.

Having said that... This is a brillant program that helps dealers to move left over 450s and put them on the race track where they will be seen. I doubt that BRP is loosing any money on this deal. If they have product and you want to buy it, they will sell it to you. In return they want you to race.

My race experience is from over 20 years ago on 3 wheelers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anybody know how to contact the BRP race department??...also does anybody know anything about installing an extra fan in the front of the radiator??....i over heated 1 lap into a GNCC race this last weeekend and it went into limp home mode????i need some info quickly in order to be ready for Snowshoe GNCC

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
All I know about installing an extra fan is, that the factory teams do it. I'm not sure on how to contact the brp race department though. I will do some searching and see if I find anything.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know when the factory support ends? Because I'm planning on getting a ds this summer, so just wondering if I should apply before hand? And I've heard that can am is the easiest company to get approved for is this true also?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone know when the factory support ends? Because I'm planning on getting a ds this summer, so just wondering if I should apply before hand? And I've heard that can am is the easiest company to get approved for is this true also?

yes apply before you buy... that way you get a 500 - 1000 discount

1 - 10 of 10 Posts