Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put real MX tires on my DS and would like to try Dunlop quadmax sports. I know that the maxxis is one of the most popular tires for MX, but these Dunlops look pretty good, plus they are radials.

Our tracks are primarily used for MX bikes so they are rutted and lots of speed/braking bumps. Dirt is typically hard pack. For the sandy/loose tracks I will use the stock holeshot SRs.

My questions are...

1. Maxxis MX or Quadmax sports?

2. Should I go with 20x6x10 or 19x6x10 fronts? I am going with 18x10x8 rears.

I would appreciate any advice from the experienced MXers out there.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If your hard packed man have a look at the ITP quadcross.. same tires that come on the MX and they hook up really well on ard pack. Also ITP SX rears with maxxis razrcross fronts are good. Razrcross fronts are probably one of the best front tires you'll find... at least that i've found anyways.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Definitly the 20s they take bumps alot better. Ive heard the rear dunlaps hook great but the fronts are so so. A guy this weekend was running the Kenda claw front and the cutter rear at a real sandy track. the front looked to be ok but the back seemed to hook more than my razrs. but my razrcross turned on a dime. heck try the dunlaps!! lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the advice!

I am going to try the quadmax sports 10x18x8 rears. Very little info on these tires, but everybody who's tried them loved them.

Stick with stock fronts for now (budgetary constraints). But when I do I will do 20s.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The quadmax sport were on back order! So I went with Razr Cross M957 20x6-10 (fr) and Razr MX M932 18x10-8 (rr)

This seems to be the setup that most people like.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You'll love the combo for different tracks. I do lol. what kinda rims you gona use? just curious

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stock ds 450x fronts (itp w\reinforcment ring) and ds450 MX rears (ITP T-9 beadlocks).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice....post a pic when its set see how she looks

·
Registered
425 Posts
You'l love the razrcross fronts man! Bust front tire going!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Huge differrence over the stock holeshot SRs. The razor cross front are awsome.

Going to 18s and 20 (vs 20 and 21) makes a big differrence on cornering.

I ran 3.5 lbs or air in the rear and 14 lbs in the fronts. My quad sits so low that the frame drags when landing and on jump faces. I will have to adjust the ride hight again...

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have never liked the razr mx tires at all they slid around to much for me and lost it in the corners sooo i went with the kenda klaw mx tires front and rear on my yfz and swapped the tires around for soft or hard (reversable tread) they hooked up great on the hard corners even on soft now i got the itp quad cross tires and they are ok on hard stuff they like to get a little loose but nothing to bad like the razors

1 - 14 of 14 Posts