Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to convert my rear brake system to TRX 450 set up, im tired of my rear brakes fading out, or the master cylinder taking a crap on my when the seals go bad, (on my 3 master cylinder), At the heartland challenge my first lap i completely lost rear brakes for an entire lap, after about 40 mins of iding they came back no problems at all after that, but my question is what all is need to conver the rear to all trx 450? (axle, brakes, sprocket so on so forth)?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Have you cut a slit in the top of the rubber seal on the rear brake resi?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do you mean a slit in the rubber seal? but that bcs set up it pretty sweet, but would still like to know what exactly is needed for the swap i seen it on reimers bike and looked like a killer set up

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but have the brake issues been fixed for 2011 models? I'm picking one up this week and want to buy all the necessary parts for it now so I can get this thing home and start working on it right away. If I need to replace the caliper with the bcs/honda kit, I would like to know so I can get the proper rotor guard for it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That is good that they upgrade the caliper! BUT, what about the master cylinder? Is there a upgrade for it?

Thanks

DuneDevil

·
Registered
100 Posts
race teams are using willwood masters from what I've seen but alot of A class production guys are running the honda set-up

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was told that the caliper is from a Renegade 800. I'm using the sharkfin rotor protector with a Renegade caliper I bought off ebay. Saved some bucks by buying a used caliper.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have an RPM axle and the rotor that came with it barely catches my brake pads of the stock ds caliper. im thinking its a honda rotor as well beacuse it came with the honda sprocket hub but im not really sure...anyway if i get the honda brake stay and caliper will it mount up on my axle..anyone have any idea??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts