Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else had rear shock troubles?i folded mine on a 80 foot table top.it really didnt seem like enough impact to hurt it but it did

·
Registered
459 Posts
I heard some people were grinding their frame for clearance to prevent that from happening.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
i got mine revalved cuz i weigh alot more than 175lb (what stock bikes are tuned for), and i have yet to bottom it out. would that make sense? i mean bottoming out is whats bending it right?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The shock shaft is not as large on the 08s as they are on the 09s. A bunch of people have been bending and breaking them. If you upgrade to an 09mx rear, you should be all set.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
If your are not in the racer program, then probably. I'm not sure though. If you called your dealer and asked, I'm sure they would have an answer for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i weigh about 180 so dont think that is what bent it but i am not complaining my can am has took more than any of my yamahas and hondas

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have some shocks for sale, I am on the racer program so I have the upgrades I never used them I had Elka long travel shocks before I even got the quad. I will sell all 3 like I said never used.I will let them go alot cheaper than they retail for be nice for upgrades or back up shocks.I will also sell the stock a arms if someone wants them as well these were used for a few rides though. Send me a PM if interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts