Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner

rear sprocket bolts loose

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  JML639 
#1 ·
hello

another question

nearly every heat i have to tighten the bolts of my rear sprocket.
does anyone have this problem too ?
i allready installed inox bolts with a blue nylon in it (don't knwo the correct english name) and i applyed locktite 243 bud still they keep comming loose.
i am now thinking about using bolts with finer thread M10x1 instead of normal M10x1,5 it should be better, bud i think it isn't normal that locktite doesn't help.

grtz

#3 ·
We had this problem several times ......
we had to replace the hub that the sprocket bolts to .
the race dept. sells a billet hub that eventually fixed our problem ..... but you must be using alot of torque to need this hub !
once the bolts get loose one time , the bolts bend the hub , they will never stay tight once they are run loose ..

#7 ·
Has anyone noticed after the bolts come loose that the chain now has a tight spot ? I think the previous owner of my 08 had them come loose and he rode it like that and it wallowed out the bolt holes making it have a tight spot ? Does this seem to add up I peeked at the swing arm bearing the carrier bearings and the counter shaft for movement and came up with nothing also tried two different chains this is my first post here don't tear me up .. tia have a great day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.