Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took mine in today for a service and they told me it had a recall. something w/ the flywheel & motor mount. he said only certain 08s have the recall. you might call your dealership if you have an 08. i'm not gonna have mine for 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Got my at the dealer already for this repair, should be done next week.

·
Registered
224 Posts
and just wait when you least expect it your efi will go out! LOL

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what exactly went wrong w/ your efi? are you still under warranty?

·
Registered
224 Posts
what exactly went wrong w/ your efi? are you still under warranty?
it just stopped working, it sounded like static, it would start once in a while but not all the time, if it did start it would go about ten feet but thats it and act like it was running out of gas, ya its under warrenty thank god! its a $600 part lol good thing i got the extended warrenty because im sure it will happen again :suicide:

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
these are just the bugs. the first year always have em. look at the 09s. almost problem free.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All that DS450's around here seem to be 08's leftovers at the dealers. And with all that money off, its so tempting.. Now hearing its 50 hp without even breaking into the motor is awesome and not needing that high price race fuel is even better. 112 oct around here is going for 10 bucks a gallon now.

·
Retired Moderator
3,417 Posts
im not even sweating it i got the extended warrenty let them fix all for free , ever first year quads are the same trx,yfz,ltr. its no biggy

·
Registered
425 Posts
They are good bikes. Remember the 50 Hp. is at the crank... not an actual 50 horsepower at the wheels. More like 47 with ECU and Slip on at the rear wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts