Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my dealer service department to check on recalls for the 08 DS450X that I just picked up. Gave them my VIN # and they said that the fly wheel and mounts have been done but they didn’t have a recall notice on my clutch. Is there an actual recall on the clutch or is it something that would be under warranty if it goes out? Is there somewhere on the web that has the recall notices? Thanks for all the great threads and responses they are very helpful

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think it was just a service bulletin 2009-9. My dealer wouldn't replace it until it blew, and when it finally did alot of more parts had to be replaced. My warranty did cover all the parts but I had to pay the labor about $160. Some people did get their dealer to raplace theirs before it blew up and they didn't pay a penny. While my quad was in the shop I called a dealer across down and all their bike had all the recalls and updates done before the bikes were sold. I would just keep on bugging ur dealer to get it done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same for me, my dealer told me that my DS450X manufactured 04/2008, do not need this recall.
I was surprised !
Does anyone know which VIN # need the clutch recall ?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
the vin numbers that are applicable for the recall are in the bullitin...but you can always find a dealer that will just do it regardless....like bushwacker said just keep bugging em... dealerships dont use logic and you should point out that theyre all idiots many times. im sure they'll get tired of the brow-beating and eventually take care of it hahaha.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guys, I really need your help !
I'm not sure I understand correctly.
When they say :"There was a running change, starting from engine number M6748166" that means all ATV before this number M6748166 need the recall or, all ATV starting from M6748166 need the recall ?

Please help us on this as translation may cause wrong understanding !

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any engine before the number M6748166.

This is a "service bulletin" not a recall. I am not sure BRP will reimburse the dealers for performing this TSB...

Thanks for posting the TSB! My dealer claims to know nothing about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Step back and take another look at the bulletin. It says all 08 and all 09 model and serial number. That's clue one that they made a change in 08 and found out later that it needed re-engineered.

Now re read the statement "there was a running change, starting from engine number M6748166" since engine numbers increment then it makes sense that any engine with that number and larger gets the fix.

Just my 2 cents. Hope they take care of you?

·
Registered
155 Posts
This means that all 08's and some early 09's had the old design. I was one of the lucky few with a 09 that didnt have the update. If you DS is still under warranty they will cover it for free. The dealer may not know anything about it or say that it has to break before they will cover it, that is not true. I kept fighting with my dealer and they kept saying it would need to break. I complained enough and they finally called Can-am and Can-am must of told them to do the upadate. You have to keep houndingy your dealer to call Can-am!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah that makes sense. I haven't bought one yet, so I'm still researching to see if it'll be worth the 4200 it's going to cost for a new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
brp is sending my dealer a new clutch cover to fix my clutch noise are you guys getting the whole clutch replaced by brp?my warranty is void but i have 10 hrs on it i was affaid to ride it with that clutch noise my dealer has everything documented brp is still fixing it for free.also my vin has no clutch recall

·
Registered
2 Posts
im not sure i understand the difference between the actuall recall and the service or which of the problems your dealership will fix if your warranty will cover and which parts the clutch or the fly wheel mounts or both? thanks.
:fingersx:

·
Registered
155 Posts
If it is a recall, like the flywheel bolts, then Can-am will cover it.

If it is a service bulletin, like the clutch update, then it is not covered under warrenty and neither the dealer or Can-am will cover it. Now you might get lucky and get this covered. Kind of depends on how nice your dealer is lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts