Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just picked up an 08 ds450 for 2600 and so far I love it, I came over from honda atvs and dirt bikes And decide to give it a go, I used to race motocross and since I no longer have a bike I'm looking to do some recreation racing every now and then and also trail ride, so basically what I'm asking is how could I set up my ds so that I can race but also hit the trails when I would like all info welcomed and accepted. Glad to be a part of the ds community!

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Post up what has been done to the DS so far. That'll help a lot. Also find out the max width of the trails you ride. Because if you can go 50 inches that'll help the stability a lot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as of right now my ds is all stock, only has x-factor nerf bars. i ride various trails some wide enough for cars and some tight woods. not really concerned about trail width just more about a setup that can handle a track and withstand the trails

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Welpers, Exhaust and intake ring will give more power and more bottom end which is good for both trails and MX.

Then what I would do is p/u an xmx front end. You should be able to do this fairly reasonable. This will give you a very stable set up to start with. Then I would start looking for an xmx stem and bars 09 or newer. This will give you a +1 set up. Finally pick up an mx width rear axle.

This is how I'm doing mine. I'm still looking for a rear axle. You can do this in steps as you get the money. Now if you've got the money to blow well, the set up would be the same but parts would be aftermarket and quicker to finish. JMHO

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Oh yeah make sure the updates have been done, and you may want to consider a clutch basket as one the first upgrades. I personally have not upgraded yet, but will be soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wish i had the money to blow lol but what exactly is the intake ring and where can i find it? and by updates do you mean recalls? if so i checked on that and they only thing that i had found was the flywheel bolts and motor mount which were both done already

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Bcs which is a vendor on the site our Rossier calls it a free air kit. Just depend on the exhaust you want to get.

Good deal on the recalls. You are on the way now.

Sent from a place far far away

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright cool thanks for the help, can't wait to build up my ds and and post more about my progress, hopefully I'll meet some of you guys around one day

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Where are you located? In in ks

Sent from a place far far away

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.