Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the easiest way to get the decals off your plastics? i can't get them off, they are stuck on there good, lol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Jan 15 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
anyone know the easiest way to get the decals off your plastics? i can't get them off, they are stuck on there good, lol.[/b]
i peeled them off by hand then used goo gone to get the sticky stuff off...or you can use a pressure washer! ive done that too

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good way to get the decals off is to use a heat gun to get the glue warm, and then get a corner up and they peel right off when warm. Don't heat too much or the sticker will tear easier or you may melt a bit of the plastic.

If there is any stickyness left over just give it a spray with WD-40 or BRAKE cleaner or Parts cleener. That stuff works great.

You will find out quick the right amount of heat you need, just keep the stcker/ plastic warm

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got the stickers off finally. i used a hair dryer like someone suggested. then i got some goo gone today and cleaned up the sticky leftover. thanks for everyone's help. i think it looks much better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I pulled off one of mine. Came off real easy, but there is a film in the plastic underneath or it looks kind of hazy but nothing you can feel. Just looks dull underneath and can't seem to make it look like the rest of the plastic. Makes me a bit nervous to pull off the others. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
pull em all off. use brake cleaner on it if the stickers shred. then use a soft cloth to rub the cleaner into the plastics. yea itll dull it, but it takes all the film off. but who cares, i have more than enough sctraches to cover up the slightly dull spots haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts