Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
This is my review of two products that I have recently added to my 2008 DS450 X

The first product I will review is the Primary Drive Sprocket Kit with X-Ring chain I bought off ebay:
New x Ring Gold Chain Sprocket Kit Steel Can Am DS450X 2008 | eBay

So far I am VERY VERY happy I bought this set rather than go custom and spend nearly double on all three parts i.e. rear/front sprocket & chain. I was going to go with a 38/13 at first for ground clearance till I figured it would not give me that much more. Yes I was very worried at first but the second they came in I can't see myself getting any other brand now! The steel sprocket compared to the stock aluminum sprocket is MUCH stronger (obviously) but what it has that I noticed weather it counts or not is the seating parts of the sprocket is MUCH bigger than the stock one making it sit MUCH better and making it more durable in the long run! The gold X-Ring chain had me even more impressed! It is MUCH MUCH stronger than the stock chain (I had dealers order stock every 9 months till now)
I had two chain removal tools that BROKE back to back when trying to remove a few links on the new chain! Yes thats common but they were both brand new and broke back to back! I used it to cut the stock chain and it went through like butter!
Total do NOT hesitate to order the Primary Drive sets off ebay!
10 out of 10 review!

Now I will review the BlingSTAR Dual Sprocket Guard
Blingstar Dual Sprocket Guards UTV ATV Canam Can Am DS450X DS 450X 08 09 10 11 | eBay

The BlingSTAR Duel sprocket guard does NOT look like it does in the photo! Let me be clear. It has a ring that goes on one side all the way around the sprocket and a big fat slider plate that will help on the bottom when hitting logs or rocks on the other side.. giving it a SLIGHT duel protector on the bottom (mostly where it counts) As for it acting as a chain guide as I would hope, it may in some parts but don't put your life on it.
It does infact fit very well up to everything YET there WAS A PROBLEM.
It came with two Mx10 size bolts... this is the wrong size and will only fit one female side for the slider plate! I went to Lowes to find the proper nut size that being Mx7!!!!
I added a bunch of LocTight (red) to ensure it does not fall off like my stock rear skid plate! and it was good to go!
Please note I would ONLY get this if your rear sprocket does NOT go past 42! I do feel my teeth are still somewhat exposed to rocks. There not, but I would like it to be a tad bigger.
Score review of the Sprocket Guard is 8 out of 10 for not being a LITTLE bigger and me having to go buy the proper bolt size.... I much MUCH prefer it over the stupid stock rear skid plate!

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Typical blingstar quality, I had to use washers to space out the caliper on the disk protector. But I got the right hardware for the sprocket guard

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was REALLY pissed because I orderd the Victory bumper from them... DOES NOT FIT AT ALL!!!
Now im almost positive it was the company that just sent the wrong one...

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had to make spacers for my iron cross bumper, because I never got them with the bumper. I did a little digging and there bumpers are one size fits and comecwith model specific spacers. I also have there rear bumper and cut it down a couple inches so it would fit tighter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.