Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright all...it's been a while since I've been on here!

I'm going to be moving to San Antonio next summer and I am wondering if there are many places to ride out there.

I don't like trail riding, more of a sand dune, motocross guy!

Thoughts? If there is nowhere to ride, I might just sell my DS and get another street bike!

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
You're only 9.5 hours from Waynoka OK for some dunes! Would like to meet you some day.

Hopefully you can find some decent riding closer.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dang it...what about tracks?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Im in Dallas and this has been a huge struggle for me. Apparently the MX ATV seen is not very big in texas and the DS 450 seen is even smaller. I have been looking for places to ride for a year. The closest tracks to me that let ATVs ride are little mom and pop tracks that aren't really worth the time and fuel. I wish you better luck than Ive been having. I would never try and encourage someone to sell a DS but I am thinking about it myself due to no place and no one to ride with, Im pretty sure im the only person within 300 square miles that has a sport ATV and Im starting to find out why.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Im in Dallas and this has been a huge struggle for me. Apparently the MX ATV seen is not very big in texas and the DS 450 seen is even smaller. I have been looking for places to ride for a year. The closest tracks to me that let ATVs ride are little mom and pop tracks that aren't really worth the time and fuel. I wish you better luck than Ive been having. I would never try and encourage someone to sell a DS but I am thinking about it myself due to no place and no one to ride with, Im pretty sure im the only person within 300 square miles that has a sport ATV and Im starting to find out why.
Paris Mx, Underground, North Forty and prolly some other ones let quads ride

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Actually going to test ride a 2013 Triumph Speed Triple, and that will ultimately tell me whether or not I'm going to keep it. If I come back w/the SH&*eating grin on my face like I anticipate, then I might just have it on here in the for sale section.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You following me? lol

I'm in the Austin area just north of you.

USA

·
Registered
379 Posts
I sold my DS. The riding isn't like UT down here.......Our house is getting built and should be done in January. I'm now thinking road machine too, maybe the CanAm 3 wheeled kind :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im in San Antonio and there is a couple of places to ride.

There is White knuckle ranch in Hondo Tx. They have a pretty good main track and a junior track and they will let quads on both any day.

There is also Cycle Ranch in Floresville Tx that just recently opened up a quad track. Its pretty nice and they keep adding and modifing it since they have been getting a good turn out since it.

There is also Buffalo Valley in Seguin Tx. They have a main and Jr track as well. There junior track is way better than most junior tracks out there. Their main track is very good as well. The prep the track just about every day so its always in good shape. They will allow quads on their main track whenever there isn't to many dirt bike riders out there. Usually saturdays no problem. Some times on Sundays. Plus the also have about 2 miles of cool trails in the back.

For trail riding you have Hidden Falls park in Marble Falls tx. Its about an hour away but well worth the drive. They have both quad and dirt bike trails. They even have rockcrawler trails/hillclimbs. You can ride all day and not pass through the same place twice. Plus they have a shooting range and RV hookups, camping etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts