Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which paddle tires do you guys run and what you recommend. I will heading down to Pismo and don't want to run the stock tires.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
i got 22" itp sand stars, they hook up great and have the best side hilling for any sand tire, if your racing though, skat trak haulers no doubt. the sand stars are super cheap too. plus they look bitchin.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
im a huge sand addict and the sand stars IMO are the best all around tire. i got mine on rims for $200, which i dont think is that bad. chevroned (v-shaped) tires are always better for side hilling, but the thing is they weigh more....but the ds has more than enough power to compensate for an extra pound or so. sand stars are the way to go. especially with pismo, its really loose sand there, its not tacky like glamis, which alwasy blew my mind because i thought the water woul make it stickier...but those dunes just eat you up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dennis Kirk has them mounted on T-9 pro series for $126 each. I might go online and try and find them cheaper.

·
Registered
459 Posts
+1 on the 20'' sand stars if ur not drag racing.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
dont think itll be an issue if your just tooling around the dunes. i actually got mine from a vendor down in glamis, but 252 for the pair seems a little high...plus you still have taxes and shipping...i duno that might be a good price thou. like i said mine were 200 for the pair, so just shop around.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I paid 170 with rims for mine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was over on KFX450 and LTR450HQ and those guys seem to hate the Sand Stars. I was all set to get them now they have me scratching my head.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
prob cuz there not good draggin or hill shooting tires...o well i mean they all really do the same thing. just compare fact. skat trak is lighter and is amazing at racing straight, and sand stars are great at acutally dune riding and carving big bowls. but ive raced on my sand stars and beaten plenty of other quads with streaight paddles, and plenty of other quads have shown me up in the big dunes, so its really preference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What size would you recommend 20x11-8 or the 20x11-10 is the rim size going to make a difference or is it more for looks?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
i got the 10s. they work nice and look cool...i duno if rims size is really gunna matter too much in the sand. i know with street tires and dirt it does, but you losing so much power because of the sand anyways i dont think itll matter.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
100%. 4/110. just like the entire trx series. 250ex-450R. my sand stars fit on my chicks quad no prob, and her stock balloon tires fit my hubs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My old TRX450 paddle tires/wheels bolt right onto my new DS 450 and work perfectly.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts