Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has rode on the Tri-county trails in the Monroe,WI area. We were planning to take a trip out there, but I was wondering the how strict they are with the 30mph speed limit. We want to do some trail riding, but dont want to be cruising in 2nd the whole time. Any suggestions would appreciated. We are coming from Chicago and want to take a 1 day trip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's boring! Don't waste your time with your 450. GO to rockford and check out Rocky Glen park. If you want to head to wisconsin there is an atv park in Kewaunee county (Riverview atv park) otherwise the best trail system by far is Black River Falls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have looking to go to Black River Falls, but it is a 4 hour drive one way. So that would have to be a 3-4 day trip. I have looked at Rocky Glen, but it seems small from the map, since we usually go to Badlandz in Attica, IN. I will have to look at Riverview and see how big it is. Appreciate the feed back... By the way how are park rangers in Black River Falls? We are really not planning on going that slow...

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you haven't checked out Dyracuse south of Wisconsin rapids its worth it. I agree on kewaunee it's a blast too, and very few rules just common sence stuff.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We ride the Black River Falls trails a couple times a year and you will see wardens and county cops riding often. They have talked to us a couple of times. They are mostly concerned with noise and safety. My Can Am runs around 104 Db and the warden said it was not load enough to be checked. They are looking for machines that are racing around the country side, making noise, and creating near misses. The straight aways we open the machines up, but over half the trail is windy, and must be ridden on with caution. A couple of people get killed every year on these trails from collisions. There are a couple of areas which you will be riding into town and through campgrounds, where the speed limit is 10MPH. The trails are some of the best we have ridden, and you have 100s of miles of trails to choose from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.