Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 ds450x and I just want to make sure that I am right with the sprocket size which is 84 for the rear and 14 for the front. I havent seen this combo anywhere let alone a 84 tooth rear sprocket. Also when I go riding in the dunes seems I have to much torque for my paddle tires. what sprocket combination would remedy this issue the paddle tires are 18" in diameter and have 6 paddles?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Are you sure it's 84 tooth sprocket? Stock rear sprocket should be 42t.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it is 34 not 84 !
In Europe we have 15 front and 34 rear !
I can't find 34 rear sprocket in US !
If you can find it, pls let me know too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
idk whats up with ur bike cuz mine was 42/13 then i riped 17 teeth off the rear so i geared mine to 44 in the rear and 12 in the front. itll climb anything like that its pretty sweet. but i think droppin a tooth in the front isnt worth it so i switched back to 13 in the front

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I recounted I must of missed my mark the first time so my quad is 42/14....for my dune riding going from 18" tires to 15" tires with 6 paddles what sprocket combination would work the best

·
Registered
459 Posts
15'' tires are too small, I had some 20'' paddles and they were small. I run 21x12x8 7 paddle extremes with 13x41 gearing. Can I ask where are you from?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the paddle tires are 18x9.5 8r they work fine I just chew to much sand off the start... the Diameter is 15"...... im out in cali in the middle of the desert

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would get some bigger paddles, I sometimes run 22x11x8 10-paddles extremes for flat drags. We planning a Glamis trip Halloween weekend, I'm hoping on seeing some more ds450s out there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks... yeah when I went to pismo I didnt see another ds out there I was kinda surprised

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've seen one ds at my local ridin area months ago, we trade wins at the strip before I got my slipon and filter. Then I seen 2 at a drag racing event a couple of weeks ago but my 10 paddle extremes must of scared then away.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I still need to get the my exhaust and looking at stage two right now.. where u get ur 10 paddle extremes

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
ooooo....do i feel a ds meet? :) halloween in glamis? ill be all healed up by then and my atc will be done by then too!!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
ooooo....do i feel a ds meet? :) halloween in glamis? ill be all healed up by then and my atc will be done by then too!!!!

We should plan something.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i seem 1 other ds so far..........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know were to get the sprocket & rotor gaurd other than Warnert. They gave me a price of $65 for the sprocket gaurd and $350 for the rotor gaurd,sprocket gaurd price is ok but that rotor gaurd what is up with that price.If any one has any info it would be greatful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts