Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has installed a steering dampner on there ds yet? Looking for opinions on which brands are the good ones and which ones to stay away. I found out the hard way that I need one:ditsch:! Cleared a table top and front tire hooked a rut and took the bars outta my hands. I received a good old power slam for my efforts and it hurt!

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After the feed back from the post I looked into the Precision Damper and the price with mounting kit through them direct is $559. Is that about right or did you guys find a better wholesaler price? Looking to save a buck!:1zhelp:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
My presicion was $450. It works alright, but it seems like it doesn't do much until the last 2 notches of adjustment, and it stiffens up wayyy to much. It still helps in sandy corners though.

The elka dampeners aren't being made anymore is what i heard. I dotn think they ever got to make one for the ds.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I run presision pro too got for 430. Works great for me. Scott was making one awhile back havent heard much about it in awhile. GPR makes a good one doent know about for the ds though. id stay away from the cylinder/ram looking type. I had a Denton and it did more for one side instead of even for both. they say the answer to that is to run 2 one running for your left side and one for the right. but still i only got a year out of it for it had almost no effect. . .

·
Retired Moderator
3,417 Posts
my brother said its one of the first things i should get for my quad or im going to get my bars ripped out of my hands

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm not made out of money so I went a cheaper route. I put streamlines new 11 position stick dampener on mine and so far it is working great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts