Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey. Can anyone tell me where the stock ECU is located. the one that needs to go back to the dealershipwith the racer support package? There is alot of wires and junk and just wanna get the right one.

And making sure that once motoworks programmer is on, you have to splice the cut pink wire back together??

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The ECU is directly below the key under the plastic. The paper work says to cut the pink wire when installing the ECU which are next to each other. I just did all this yesterday its very easy.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet. thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
if your referring to the racer package ecu, u need the buds system to swap it properly, u have to copy your info off you old ecu and write it to the racer package one, u also have to reset the throttle positioning and erase all occurred errors that happened during switch, if you just switch the ecu u will have engine codes and a high idle, u need to take it to a canam dealer and let them swap it, there suppose to anyways...it is strickly stated

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if that Above info is correct. I have not had any motor codes on the buds, nor have I had the high idle. I've heard certain ones have but other's it is not needed. Doesn't seem to make sense to put old ECU info onto the new ECU... The idea of the new ECU was... what I thought all new settings... bike runs mint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same here no budds and it runs like a champ!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had no errors or high idle either. I put everything in myself with no buds. It runs amazing, pulls so hard!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya. I kinda think that the buds and reprogram instructions that Little demon is talking about is for the dealership to do with the exchanged ECU that we all took off the bike. To flash that one and replace it with the race program settings so BRP can reuse the ECU's.

Glad to hear your bikes are all pullin like a choo choo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
did any of you get the instruction packet with your racer package? is about 10 pages long, has info on how to install frame support brackets, rear carrier (08 only) and how to change out your computer... its in there... and yes every time ive replaced one at my job without resetting the throttle positioning (in packet also)they idle high, suppose to idle at 1500-1600 not 1800 Sawgie Bottom Powersports-Leesville La

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I beleive those instructions are for the dealer to use in order to reflash the old ECU that you exchanged for the new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts