Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on setting up my 08 w\race program updates. I am 190lbs. I run the factory base line stettings with an extra click of compression dampening. I hear that with the right set up these quads are awsome!

Mine works well, but I would like to hear what you guys are running....

I still use the stock 08x tires. 7 lbs front and 6 lbs rear. I also run the factory camber/caster and toe in settings

Thanks

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I change my settings track to track. If the jumps are bigger and have harder landings, i make my compression harder, and if the track has softer landings, i make the compression softer. You should be bottoming out once or twice a lap, so you use all of the travel.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Play with your Camber angles. I think it is at 1 degree stock. If ya bump it up to 3 degree's via the A-arm spacers, than that will give you better handling characters. . . .Less twitch.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

I will try moving one shim to give me more negative camber.

For adjusting comp I think I have been using too much compression. I very rarely bottom out.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You'll want a more positive camber for MX man. You want the bottom of the tires to be slightly wider than the top

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Xrider77, recommended camber is 1 - 3 degrees negative. If stock is 1 degree (negative) and you want to be 3 degrees, wouldn't you tip the tops of the tires in a couple degrees (2 shims)?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm not sure what is recommended by can am for camber. All a know is that Every race bike I have had, and seen the camber is positive meaning that the bottom of the tires are slightly wider than the tops. If it was negative 3 degrees meaning the bottom is narrower, than when you did hard turns you would be onto the side walls where there is little tread and litle protection against punctures... The Tires would almost collapse inwards. For Supermoto I ran a neutral camber so I could have the majority of the squared runner in contact with the pavement for best stick.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Alright well than Make it negative 2- 3 degrees lol. Either way Like stated in the first response by me make the bottom wider than the top. I apologise for the confusion lol. Ya learn something everyday I guess! All this time I was using the worng term. Good threads though... Should make those a sticky.

The Negative camber will take out some of the twitchiness it the front end that Is present in certain conditions.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Lol. Us Canadian got are positives and negatives reversed up here. Its the Northern Air. You been able to test the bike at al with the changes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts