Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Administrator
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you new to the site? Why not let us know a little bit about yourself... your ride, and how you found our site here. The community here is very friendly and it really helps us better help you if you give us a bit of background information on yourself.

Thanks for joining and hope to see ya around!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! My name is Toby Meissner i am from Westminster Co i bought a 08 ds 450 about 6 months ago i was searching for tuning tips for the ds 450 and this site popped up, thats how i learned all about the ol' pink wire cut. i am currently all stock, i run with no air box lid and i also took the sparky out of my pipe and drilled some holes in the baffle. it ran well after that i just cut the wire today and there is a noticable differance. if anyone knows of any performance parts or engine mods let me know cuz i cant find any parts for the thing

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome to the forums Toby. For bolt ons theres pipes, air filters, fuel controllers and engine mods theres pistons,cams, stroker cranks and big bores. I just purchased a air filter and HMF slip-on for my ds. Atv Galaxy carries alot of parts for the ds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
how do you like that hmf?? i actually just ordered one myself, i see that hmf has the optimizer and the k&n air filter i think i am gonna get those as well, but i would like to do a stroker kit or something cuz i dont have the top end i would like. can you get that kind of stuff on that atv galaxy

·
Registered
459 Posts
The Hmf is still on order. Which one did u get, i choose the ironman series cuz its got the biggest core. I think OMW Racing has the 6mm crank. Rossier has pistons, cams, exhaust, and a intake.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi my name is Zach i am form Rainier Oregon. I am currently in the military stationed in Hawaii and have been in Iraq for about 5 months. Just recently purchased an 09' DS450X XC. and ordered the HMF sport series slip on and EFI controller with K&N. also ordered 8 paddle haulers on ITP T-9 pro-series wheels. I get home in end of June and cant wait to get the bike out to the dunes and trails to see how it well it works.

·
Administrator
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Zach, welcome to the site. Sounds like you've got a great list of mods already on order and I'm sure you'll enjoy riding the DS around when you get back. Post up some pics and vids when you get a chance, and also maybe some opinions on the mods, which ones add power, etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey my name is keegan forestell i'm from campbellford ontraio, i've been riding since i was 6 and i havent stopped since. its what i do and its all i want to do i live to race! :). i have been racing for 2 years now, i rode a 05 honda trx 450r and since i heard about this can am amature racer support program i allpied and got in, so i get my new ds this friday and start this season off this weekend lol. i race amature in mmrs and jr in cmrc, i am the favourite to win the championship in mmrs this season, but this will be my frist season on the cmrc circuit. so i'm hopping to have a safe season and the ds to hold out for me :fingersx:

·
Registered
79 Posts
thanks man apreciate it, i hope i have a good season.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everyone, my names kyle I'm from Ohio, i just (30mins ago) got my '08 450x, traded in my 05 660 raptor.... only had to pay 3900!!! but i was wondering what is the best programmer for the 450?

·
Registered
323 Posts
pc3 or pc5 is the best programmer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi my name is Marco Gambetta I'm from Lima Peru (southamerica) and have a 08' DS 450X. I will be racing next week in a regional endurance race in the desert of Ica (300 km south of Lima) the race is called TATT Peru ( you can find some vids in youtube under this ). I will post some pics and vids after the race.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
My names Travis, i recenty purchased an '08 Ds450x for my mrs for her birthday so she could come riding with me on my '09 CRF 450. I live in Perth Western Australia.
The bike is stock apart from a full yoshi system, it only has 3.5 hrs and we've had it roughly a month. My brother has a raptor 700 and in the dunes i was all over him, he couldnt get away. When i pruchased the yoshi came installed but apparently didnt need to be re-mapped/tuned.... thought that was a bit strange?

I love the bike and so does my mrs, but today after its second outing, its having temp problems and is now in 'limp home' mode. As you can imagine we are frustrated, we had been looking forward to it for ages. I'm going to do some searching and find out if this is a common problem.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello,I am David Price from Colonial Beach, Va.I have been racing cross country since 1993 on both bikes & quads gave up the bikes in 2000. I have won a B-class Championship in the GNCC series & a 4th place in a B-class in the GNCC series. I currently run in the VXCS series in the pro class.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my name is matt, i just joined and would strongly recommend the motoworks pipe, rossier free air kit, and pink wire mod! this make a big improvement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey i am RJ haney. i bought an 09 ds450 mx in march. ive got the pink wire cut, a full motoworks exhaust, K&N and a precision stabilizer. i absolutely love my bike. its everything i hoped it would be. im from southern illinois and indoors start jan.2 i cant wait!!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hello,

Just went and sat on a 08 DS450X today and it is the bike for me. It has been about 8 years since I have owned a quad....87 Honda 250r which I loved.... I have been doing quite a bit of research on all quads and due to the weight and the innovative things going on at DS w/the 450s I'm going to jump in.

Have to sell the wife on the idea of buying it 3 months premature but there's only 1 left at the local stealership and they want $5500 for it. Seems like a great deal...Very excited to see what the bike can do! 4 strokes are insanely powerful, only from riding my buddies mx prepped yfz450r...man they have some serious pull!

1 - 20 of 149 Posts