Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the thread on how to wire up a kill switch and it was really helpfull.

My question though is what kill switch/teather are you guys running? How easy was the install for your brand?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pro Design and the install was easy. Just wired into the black and black/white wire on the key switch harness.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at the pro design or the pro armor. I never even thought of the sea-doo type though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used that kill switch (contact closed when removed)

I have connected the 2 wires in parallel with yellow wire & brown wire (see on the left connector
below)
It works perfectly !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had my mind set on the pro design but I couldn't find anywhere around me that sold them. I ended up ordering a pro armor from a local place. It was cheaper than ordering the pro design off the web.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm using a Eastside ATV Kill Switch, and I think it's superb. Easy to install and fits well on the bike!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Pro armor for me. I like it better then the gunnar I had on there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't like the pro designs. I have always had problems with these. If you want to spend a little more get a pingle. they are open circuit when the pin is removed and can be put inline with the killswitch.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Do we have a normally open, or a normally closed ignition system?

Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't like the pro designs. I have always had problems with these. If you want to spend a little more get a pingle. they are open circuit when the pin is removed and can be put inline with the killswitch.
X2 on the pingle.
Pro- easy inline install & good quality.
Con- kind of expensive

·
Registered
548 Posts
Anyone have a part number for the Pro Design switch we need?

Is it a "Normally Open" or "Normally Closed" system on our bikes?

Thanks! Need to get one soon.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have the pro armor and my mechanic said he couldn't get it to work either way when wired to the key harness. Input? And it is wired to the black/black-white wires correct?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have the pro armor and my mechanic said he couldn't get it to work either way when wired to the key harness. Input? And it is wired to the black/black-white wires correct?
I just wired my Pro Armor up to the key switch wiring and it worked first try!
Just cause I can't ever leave well enough alone, I switched the wires and yep, it didn't work.
Yes it is black and black/white wires. Are you sure the tether works to begin with? Mne is an 08 so it might make a difference as to later years since they are pre-wired for the tethers, doubtful but possible I guess.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts